Copy Data Between Companies:
Choose this option to copy data between two SAP Business One companies using Quick Copy..
Quick Copy allows you to copy company configuration information from one company to another and save configuration information in an XML file.
To copy data using Quick Copy, you must have the required authorizations.
You can use Quick Copy to:
Open company configurations from XML files
Save company configurations to XML files
Copy configuration data from test environments to live environments
Copy a complete company configuration from one company to another
Copy partial configurations between companies
View logs of previous copy processes
Quick Copy creates two types of file:
Project files (XML format) – Contain information about the selections made by the user. For example, configuration information and references to the data records that you want to copy to a target. Project files do not contain the record data itself. Project files always belong to a certain database or configuration file, and you can only open a project file if you have access to the associated database or configuration file.
As the process of selecting data records can take some time, saving your selections in a project file allows you to continue with Quick Copy at a later time.
Quick copy data files (XML format) – Contain configuration information, references, and the complete data that you want to copy to the target. For example, if you were copying records from a source database to a target database at a remote location, this is the file you would take with you.
The user interface of Quick Copy provides you with a quick and easy way to copy data records from a source company database to a target company database.
To start Quick Copy, from the SAP Business One Main Menu choose. In the Implementation Tasks window, click Copy Data Between Companies.
Quick Copy provides the following functionality:
- Quick Copy Menu – Contains Quick Copy commands and functions.
- Tool Bar – Contains icons for access to the most often used functions.
- Quick Copy Window – The main window, in which you can copy data from a source to a target, that contains the following areas:
Options – Allows you to select the source or target, select a copy method, and configure various copy options.
- Data Categories – Displays a tree that represents an SAP Business One static structure (note that the structure does not change from company to company). The tree contains the configuration components that you can choose to save or copy to a new company.
- Data Details – Allows you to view or select specific records in the source. For example, you can view or select specific layouts or specific business partners. The data area also allows editing when appropriate.
- Log Windows – Quick Copy includes several log windows, which display information about previous copy processes. For more information, see Working with the Quick Copy Log.