Real use case: Supply Chain Maturity Whitepaper
I recently published a blog detailing how the supply chain PTP (Procure to Pay) process could benefit from a tightly integrated SAP EDI process. To view the entire blog please read it at http://qdatausa.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/real-use-case-supply-chain-maturity-whitepaper
The blog shows how EDI is a catalyst for achieving that elusive “Perfect Order” which can be defined as:
A) Shipment is:
- Accurate according to our order
- On time, Correct quantity, Complete
- Communicated to us
- Timely communication, Electronically (EDI) To our specification, Communication matches actual shipment detail
- Packaged correctly
- Labeled correctly
- Legible, In support of our process
B) Product is:
- Good quality
- Damage free
- Correctly labeled
- Comply with safety regulations
- Comply with social and environmental regulations
- Comply with legal terms and conditions
A “Perfect Order ” completely fulfills ALL the above stipulations.
Looking forward to hearing thoughts and comments around this crucial topic.
This was very enlightening & now I want to research more about EDI. Thank you for the Blog.