Applying SAP GUI Patches
Patching products on the installation server keeps them up-to-date with the most recent corrections and enhancements from SAP.
Once a product on the Installation Server has been patched, the workstation installer will prompt the user to update his workstation with that product on the next start.
There are two methods to apply SAP GUI Frontend Patches
SAP GUI Installation Server
1. SAP GUI Installation Server
Apply the SAP Front End patches onto the installation server and then distribute to the clients:
Navigate to the Setup Folder
- Start “<Download Path>\50118243_6\NW_7.0_Presentation_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\ WIN32\Setup\NwSapSetupAdmin.exe” as Administrator from your installation server.
- Click the toolbar button “Patch Server” to start a wizard.
- Click “Next” to continue.
- Browse to a valid SAP GUI Frontend SP/Patch you have downloaded. Click “Next” and follow the instructions.
- Select the Patch and click “Next” to validate and update the patch onto the Installation Server
- Click “Next” to apply the patch.
- You can open SAP Installation Server Administration Tool after the update by enabling the checkbox.
After you have updated your installation server you can start updating SAP GUI on your workstation by running
\\<Path to your installation server share>\setup\NwSapSetup.exe /update [/silent or /noDLG]
This will update the SAP GUI Frontend Components on your workstation.
2. Standalone Installation
- You can install SAP Frontend software directly from DVD / CD.
- The Front End patches are self-installing. Simply run the downloaded EXE-file by double-clicking and follow the instructions.