This how-to guide introduces the report scheduling function of SAP Business One. You schedule report executions by running queries and specify recipients of the generated reports. The recipient either obtains the reports via email or views them directly in SAP Business One as a user. Formats of generated reports include PDF, HTML, and XML.
Via email, these reports are sent as attachments;
reports in HTML format can also be sent as the email message body.
The following situations are the main triggers for setting up report execution schedules:
- You cannot or do not want to wait a long time for a report to be executed.
- You need to obtain data of certain reports on a regular basis.
- You have no immediate access to SAP Business One, either frequently or for a long time.
- You want to compare the different results of one report executed at regular intervals.
- You have full authorization for the report scheduling functionality. For more information about authorizations, see the SAP Business One online help.
- You have configured SBO Mailer. For more information, see Configuring SBO Mailer for Report Scheduling and Mailing.
Scheduling Report Execution
You can schedule executions of reports only by running queries without parameters.
• You have assigned at least one layout to the query you want to run. For more information, see the SAP Business One online help.
• You have configured SBO Mailer.
1. From the SAP Business One menu bar, choose Tools → Queries → Query Manager.
2. In the Query Manager window, select a query and choose the Schedule button.
4. In the Recipients area, specify information about recipientes of the generated reports.
To add recipients, choose the Add Recipients button.
In the Add Recipients window, select required SAP Business One users and distribution lists and choose the OK button.
To save specified recipients as members of a new distribution list, choose the Save as Distribution List button.
5. To enable viewing the report execution results in SAP Business One, select the Access to Overview checkbox.
6. To enable sending emails with generated reports to a recipient, select the Email checkbox and specify an email address.
7. Specify in which formats you want the generated reports to be sent via email as attachments.
8. Choose the Add button.
The scheduled report will be executed and sent to the specified recipients via email at specified times.
To modify a specific report execution schedule, you can access the Report Execution Scheduler window to find it or access it directly from the Scheduled Report Overview window.
Report Execution Scheduler Window
To open the Report Execution Scheduler window, from the SAP Business One menu bar, choose Tools → Queries → Query Manager.
This table lists all recipients of the generated reports and other relevant information.
Viewing Scheduled Reports in SAP Business One
In the Scheduled Report Overview window, you can view the details of scheduled report executions and the generated reports. The scheduled reports include reports that have not yet been executed or whose schedules have been deactivated.
In the Report Execution Scheduler window, you have been granted access to the Scheduled Report Overview window.
1. From the SAP Business One menu bar, choose Tools → Scheduled Report Overview.
2. In the Scheduled Report Overview window, to view the details of executions of a scheduled report, click the arrow next to the report title.
To view the details of executions of all scheduled reports, choose the Expand button.
3. To view a generated report of one execution, double – click the row.
To view a particular format of a generated report, click the corresponding icon.
To view the execution schedule of a report, double – click the scheduled report row (first level).
If you are the creator of the report schedule, in the Report Execution Scheduler window that opens, you can
Modify and update the scheduling settings.
If you are the creator of a report schedule, to remove the report execution details and results, do one of the following:
To remove all execution details and generated reports, right – click the scheduled report row (first level) and choose Remove.
To remove details and generated reports of one execution, right – click the corresponding row (second level) and choose Remove.
Configuring SBO Mailer for Report Scheduling and Mailing
To schedule report execution and send generated reports via email, you must first define the mail settings and scheduled report settings. For more information, see the SAP Business One Administrator’s Guide.
choose Start → Programs → SAP Business One → Server Tools → Service Manager.
2. In the SAP Business One Service Manager window, in the Service drop down list, select SBO Mailer and choose the Settings button.
3. In the General Settings window, define the mail settings according to your company settings.
4. In the Scheduled Report Settings area, specify the file path of the SAP Business One client.
5. Optionally, enter an email subject prefix which precedes the subject of each scheduled email with the generated report.
6. Enter a name as the email sender.
7. Enter the sender email address.
8. Specify the timeout period for unsuccessful report execution.
9. Specify the logging level.
10. Choose the OK button.
11. Connect to a database for which you want to enable the mailing services. For more information, see SAP Business One Administrator’s Guide, available from within SAP Business One.
12. In the SAP Business One Service Manager window, in the Service dropdown list, select SOB Mailer, choose (Play), and select the check box Start when operating system starts.
Establishing User Credentials for SAP Business One Messaging Service on Microsoft Windows
When the SBO Mailer service is first started, the default Microsoft credentials for the SAP Business One messaging service are local system credentials. To fully deliver this service, you need to change the credentials to user credentials.
The authenticated user should meet the following two requirements:
• Has a user account in SAP Business One with full authorization for the report scheduling function
• Has a physical printer (not virtual) available
1. In the task bar of Microsoft Windows,choose the Start button or (Start).
2. In the start menu, choose Run,enter services.msc and choose OK.
3. In the Services window, configure SAP Business One Messaging Service as required.
Information obtained about the authorizations required for report scheduling:
Marcelo Silva Santos