Enterprise wants everything on mobile, now a days…
After a long time, i am back to SDN. It looks good that SDN is now SCN with lot of new features like Gamification etc.Honestly says Gamification inspired me to write this blog.
From past couple of days i was surfing the SCN and trying to figure out that from where do i need to start learn mobile technology & mobile application development. So i stuck with some relavent information, i thought its worth to share the same within community. Now a days every enterprise wants their business to run on multiiple devices(mobile, iPad etc).
Currently, much conversation is going on about Mobile Application and development in SAP EP arena, this article describes various ways by which mobile apps can be developed and deployed on any device. This article doesn’t contain any big picture of Mobile Apps architecture etc.
Mobile technology has become an integral part of everyday life. The mobility era is at its peak and every company, from the largest Fortune 500 organization to the smallest startup, is looking for ways to mobilize their business and connect with customers, partners, and employees anywhere, on any device. With the proliferation of mobile devices, the business environment is changing at blinding speeds. By using the SAP NetWeaver Portal, mobile edition (also known as mobile portal) for desktop and mobile devices, you can build a single portal that can be consumed on different devices – and generate a higher return on portal investment.
SAP Mobile Portal: The SAP mobile portal is a role-based, multi-channel portal that will easily aggregate applications, documents, and content, available to anyone, at any-time on multiple devices, giving you an out of the box, mobile-ready solution.
Its Aim Should be
- Maximize the value of the customer investment in SAP, and third-party applications for mobile devices.
- Available anytime, on multiple devices.
- Aggregate Web and native applications, structured and unstructured content, and SAP and non-SAP applications into a common mobile entry point.
- Easily manage mobile homepages and workspaces.
If any organization is already on SAP NetWeaver Portal, they can reuse existing portal investments to build a mobile infrastructure. No new knowledge or hardware is required, which can mean thousands in savings for implementation and training costs. SAP NetWeaver Portal, mobile edition, which can be accessed through a mobile browser.
SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 Service Pack 9: The new SAP NetWeaver Portal release 7.3 service Pack 9, brings major improvements for mobile consumption and embedding of SAPUI5 applications in the portal. This latest service pack will:
- Enhanced Mobile Portal capabilities with the support for launching native mobile applications and Web Page Composer content consumption.
- New Unified Framework Page supporting standard mode to embed SAPUI5 and HTML5 based applications.
Approach to build appls for Mobile Portal:
- Native Application – To develop native mobile applications,best to do so through SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) since it is an end-to-end platform that provides all of the required capabilities to develop robust and feature-complete native applications. Another option is to develop a native Objective-C, Android Java, or other platform application and consume the data through SAP NetWEaver Gateway using the dedicated plugin.
- Web Application – HTML5 or SAPUI5 is the most straightforward approach to develop a portal application for rendering the user interface. The data of these kinds of apps can be consumed from the SAP system either via Netweaver Gateway or though the traditional business application programming interfaces (BAPIs) and remote function calls (RFCs). Another approach is to host the web application on a separate web server, such as the ABAP web application server and access then through a URL.
Try to get some new info from the development side in SAPUI5 in next article. Thank you for your time.
For more information please visit: