SAP Applications Built on FlexPod
The combination of technologies from Cisco Systems, NetApp and VMware produce a highly efficient, robust and scalable infrastructure for SAP application deployment and operation. Key components of the solution include:
- The combined power of the Cisco Unified Computing System, Nexus switching and NetApp storage hardware with VMware vSphere software produces a high density of SAP applications per blade.
- With the functionality of the SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management Software together with NetApp storage, we tremendously accelerate the deployment of SAP applications.
- A pre-defined script framework facilitates SAP basis operations like creating fenced clones for the use as repair systems or quick system refreshes of quality assurance systems.
- All SAP and non-SAP systems are integrated in a provisioning framework that implements pre-defined procedures for automated backup/restore to ensure safe and SLA driven operation.
- We maintain our industry leadership with our new Cisco UCS Manager 2.1 software that makes scaling efficient, consistency guaranteed and maintenance simple.
- Our 10G unified fabric story gets additional validation on second generation 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects and second generation Nexus 5500 Series access switches as we run more challenging workload testing, maintaining unsurpassed user response times.
- We continue to present a validated design that is 100% virtualized on VMware vSphere 5.1. All of the management components, including DNS, provisioning services, Oracle database servers, and SAP application servers were hosted as virtual machines.
- NetApp FAS 3200 series system provides storage consolidation and outstanding efficiency. Both block and NFS storage resources were provided by a single system, utilizing NetApp Ontap technology.