Creation of Virtual System in STMS Configuration.
It is Not recommended by SAP and also it is not best practice.
But sometimes it required to release transport request from Quality System where we have make changes and created transport request. It is required when we are unable to check changes in our development sandbox & changes need to be created and checked directly in Quality system.
To do this first you login with your BASIS id in SAP System.
1. Open STMS
2. Select SAP System > Create > Virtual System
3. Fill New Virtual System ID and Description.
4. New created system will be displayed on screen.
5. Return to main screen and Open Transport Route
6. Open in change mode. Open Configuration > Standard Configuration > Development and Production System
7. Assign Development System as current system and Production as Virtual system
8. Route will be created
9. Save the configuration.
10. Distribute and activate configuration
Now you are able to release transport request from Quality system