BI 4.0 SP6 – How to import users in bulk from Central Management Console
You can add users or user groups in bulk to the CMC using a CSV (comma-separated values) file. Useful and intuitive.
SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP6
Build Number : 1036
Product Version : 14.0.6
A list of users is available as a .CSV file. You want to import users in CMS in order to manage them.
1. First of all, we need a flat file where users are listed. Be sure to respect this kind of format below to avoid misunderstanding during next step.
|Action||User Group||User||Full Name||Password||Profile Name||Profil Value|
“Add” is an action and this key word is necessary. Other details complete user definition.
Must Know : Entries of your CSV file must be separated by a comma (,).
2. On the Users and Groups tab, click Manage Import User Group User/Group/DBCredential .
The User/Group/DBCredential window is displayed.
3. Click Browse, select a CSV file, and click Verify.
The file is processed. If the data is formatted correctly, the Import button becomes active.
4. Click Import.
The users or user groups are imported into the CMC.
😉 It’s done !
The following conditions apply to the bulk addition process :
- Any line in the CSV file that contains an error will be omitted from the import process.
- User accounts are initially disabled after being imported.
- You can use blank passwords when creating new users.
You can get more informations reading SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Administrator Guide :