Supply Chain Blog Series – How Bonfiglioli are “Taking the Road to a Real-Time Supply Chain”
Today in Orlando as part of the “Take the Road to a Real-Time Supply Chain” Panel Discussion I had the pleasure of listening to Simone Bonantini, the Sales Logistics Manager for onfiglioli Riduttori S.p.A. discuss how the company are leveraging the SAP APO solution.
Bonfiglioli are an Italian company who design, manufacture and distribute a complete range of gear motors, drive systems and planetary gearboxes to satisfy the most demanding needs for industrial processes, automation, mobile and renewable energy applications.
Mr Bonantini explained how Bonfiglioli used SAP’s rapid deployment solutions for SAP APO Demand Planning and Global Available to Promise to improve their business processes in as little as 17 weeks. They also discussed their centralized and standardized global template approach to roll-out the benefits to other plants. This was key to their “local for Local strategy to produce close to the customer, supplying the most suitable solutions in a rapid and flexible way.
Some of the solution highlights discussed included:
- The ability to load and store massive volumes of planning data
- The Calculation of planning KPI and Alerts to improve master plan reliability, plan stability, forecast accuracy, and plant reactivity
- Improved customer service through ATP checks against product allocation ant the location, customer and product level
- Improved system synchronization between SAP ECC, SAP APO, and SAP BO
Some of the key benefits from the deployment include:
- Reduced planning activities resources by 68%
- Reduced planning & order errors due to quota allocation by 100%
- Reduced process timing to evaluate a demand plan modification by 50%
- One only system Increased visibility through an advanced information symmetry (plants and subsidiaries)
- Readiness of updated planning and statistical data
- Control on subsidiaries’ inventory planning
Bonfiglioli are currently rolling out the global template to all BU plants, and have plans to implement a complete supply network planning system in 2104.
Follow supply chain at #sapphirenow @SCMatSAP