Predictive Analytics and its many uses has long been discussed but the technology and associated skill sets required have been far behind the concepts for most Healthcare organizations.
With HANA and other tools such as R and Hadoop, a number of use cases for the health sciences industry emerge as doable today, including:
- Expedited Drug Development: develop products faster when more is known about what really needs to be tested within clinical trials, where to find patients, who will participate
- Scientific Insight: development and validating predictive models of drug behavior produces a much deeper understanding on how diseases work
- Patient Compliance: predictive models of drug efficacy and safety offer the promise of improved dosing compliance, side effect details, and missed prescriptive benefit data
- Marketing Optimization: predictive analytics can help ensure marketing investments are focused on pursuing the most valuable patients
- Portfolio Management: predicted product update/revenue associated with a new product allows organizations to make more informed decisions on where and how much to invest in R&D
- Product Positioning: predicting the patient sub-populations most appropriate and the revenue associated with pursuing the populations
- Risk Management: providing guidance on who should not take certain drugs and in doing so, help Health Sciences avoid harming patients
For more information on these and other scenarios, as well as how SAP HANA can impact your organization, please sign up and attend “Maximizing the Value of Clinical and Operational Data through In-Memory Computing” at SAPPHIRE NOW in Orlando on Tuesday, May 14 from 2:00 – 2:45pm, an Industries and Lines of Business Microforum (IL124).
And, if you’d like to see Predictive Analytics capabilities in action, plan to attend a live demo of “Map Future Transformation Through Predictive Analytics” held in the Industries and Lines of Business Demo Theater on Tuesday, May 14 at 3:30pm or Thursday, May 16 at 4:00pm.
See you in Orlando!