Today we have started a new online tool that is aimed to provide transparency in the area of user interfaces (UI) and user experience (UX) everybody is looking for.
Have you ever asked yourself questions like:
- Which items of the SAP UX portfolio are really of INTEREST for me?
- Are there RELATIONS to other items that I need to know?
- Which of these items provide the VALUE I am searching for?
- How can I start USING them?
Or to put in a real example:
- Do you know what SAP NetWeaver Business Client is all about?
- How it relates to a concept called ”Side Panels”?
- What the value of side panels is and how you can adopt it?
SAP UX Explorer provides information that allows you to clearly understand the availability and capabilities of UX innovations, UI technologies and services. It also indicates the values of these specific items and how they could be adopted in customer environments.
While SAP UX Explorer starts as beta version, it already is of value for you. Especially, if you are IT project manager, technology consultant, UI developer, or just someone being in a technology planning and implementation role at a partner or customer.
From a technical perspective, SAP UX Explorer is based on a semantic data model. All items you can find in our database have relations to each other. By using the “Explore Relations” function in the toolbar on the right side of the screen, you can investigate how an item you just have reviewed relates to others. This toolbar also provide other features and will evolve over time.
Does this sound interesting? Then you should look at http://uxexplorer.hana.ondemand.com.
While the tool evolves, we would be more than happy to see your feedback and ideas to put the right improvements into it. Feel free to tell us what you think.
I hope you enjoy SAP UX Explorer.