On the way to…ASUG Annual Conference/SAPPHIRE Now 2013
This episode’s coffee is brought to you by the fine people at the US Airways Club, PHL B/C Terminal. I had a day pass that was expiring, so it seemed like a good idea to use it to kill a few minutes!
ASUG Annual Conference/SAPPHIRE Now 2013 seems poised to bring more cloud announcements and news than ever before. Last week, SAP launched HANA Enterprise Cloud, which figures to play a prominent role this week. Last week also brought the announcement of SAP Lumira, which seems to bring the Visual Intelligence and Predictive Analysis products under one name, while adding a cloud component. Probably a safe bet to think that this product will see some airtime on the main keynote stage, too.
I’m working on another HANA Enterprise Cloud blog for post-Annual Conference, so let’s keep this episode of ‘On the way to…’ focused on BI. Interested in Analytics, then I would suggest checking some of these sessions out. If you want the whole list of ASUG BI sessions, head over to Google Drive and download the ASUG BI Volunteer Session Brochure!
401: Leveraging SAP BusinessObjects Mobile SDK for your Analytical needs (11a-12p)
– This one looks kinda cool and talking mobile SDK is usually interesting!
302: SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio & Dashboards Roadmap (12:30p – 1:30p)
– Dashboards and Visualizations are always a hot topic and these products roadmaps are sure to be discussed for a while.
404: BI4 Maintenance Demystified (3:30p-4:30p)
– Navigating SAP Support is always an adventure, but with all of BI4’s moving parts it’s a like a ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’! I’ll take whatever hints I can get, especially coming from SAP Support’s own ‘Voz’.
As an ASUG Member you get the chance to have a say directly in the products you use through participating in an ASUG Influence Council. At Annual Conference, non-ASUG Members and Members who aren’t on the Council get the chance. Check these out:
4403: ASUG SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Influence Council (2p-3p)
– Name says it all- WebI. Come and talk about it!
4404: SAP BusinessObjects Semantic Layer influence council (3:30p-4:30p)
– Want to talk about the Universe? Join SAP’s Pierpaolo Vezzosi and me as we close out this Influence Council. We’ll talk about the Council’s successes, what’s next and how you can sign up. I’ll also be announcing the new Customer Chair for this Influence Council. Good stuff!!
505: The Future of Business Intelligence at SAP BusinessObjects BI (11a-12p)
– I’m going to head to this session and see if the future is so bright, I’ll have to wear shades. Or not. I guess I’ll find out.
3507: Preparing for ICD-10: A Case Study for How Children’s Medical of Dallas Effectively Transitioned their BI Environment to ICD-10 (1:45p-2:45p)
– This is one session I’ve really been looking forward to, given my industry and to see what others have done to implement this change. Using BOBJ in Healthcare? Hope to see you here!
4009: The Schwan Food Company Develops a Roadmap to Employ Data Warehousing on Enterprise HANA (4:15p-5:15p)
– Any customer case study that uses HANA is worth checking out, given the hype around HANA.
4309: ASUG Influence: SAP Business Objects BI 4.0 Platform and Solutions (4:15p-5:15p)
– Join BI Platform Area Product Manager Derek Wang and myself give an update to the BI Platform Influence Council. He’ll also be covering some new information, as well as having an Open Council Session. We’ll take questions and suggestions directly from the audience. If you’re not a ‘Server Nerd’, but they’re here in Orlando- send them our way!! We’d love to have them in the audience.
310: Demystifying Authentication and Single-Sign-On (SSO) Options in Business Intelligence (11a-12p)
Yet another session that seems to speaking to me as a techie. Any tips I can get to make setting up SSO easier, the better. Just remember, Hasso and Vishal’s keynote is before this session, so the start time MAY be a bit past 11am.
311: If You Haven’t Upgraded to SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.x, What Are You Waiting For? (12:30p-1:30p)
The title alone got me to add it to my agenda. While I might be moving forward with my BI4 upgrade, I’d like to hear some more information to pass on when other customers ask me.
**I’ve got dualing HANA sessions on my agenda for 1:45p-2:45p. I’m thinking it might be a game-time decision.**
– 4012: The Many Uses Of SAP HANA: Where Do I start
– 4412: HANA as a BI Factory Accelerator
314: BI Culture Eats Technology For Breakfast (4:15p-5:15p)
– A cool title and Timo Elliott. I’m planning on getting here early to grab a seat!
Well, that’s it for this episode. Feel free to leave a comment if you think I missed a session that should be on this list. Remember, if you can’t make it to Orlando- there will be plenty of sessions streamed live via SAP and ASUGNews.
Cool agenda focused on Business Intelligence, Derek! I'm sure you have a good time at ASUG Annual Conference and SAPPHIRE NOW.