How to Add new Warehouse Using DTW…
How to add or update warehouse to items in SAP Business One via Data Transfer Workbench (DTW).
When you add or update the warehouse info via DTW, you need to set the LineNum value in ItemWarehouseInfo by warehouse list in Item Master Data, and the LineNum value will be as warehouse list No. minus 1.
For example, if warehouse list for the item is:
2 02 then the LineNum is 0 for warehouse 01 and 1 for warehouse 02 when you update the warehouse and the LineNum need to be set to 2 when adding a new warehouse for the item.
Preparing the Template for Updating the ItemWarehouseInfo of Item
- Get the ItemCode for the Item to be updated.
- Prepare two source data files, one is for Item, and the other one is for ItemWarehousInfo:
You can use the mapping function to maintain a mapping table. For more information,
In the ItemCode column of Item, set the ItemCode value to be updated.
- In the ItemWarehouseInfo, use the values that correspond columns of the DTW template.
Adding ItemWarehouseInfo Using the Data Transfer Workbench
- Log on to the company database.
- In the Step 1: Select Data Type window, specify the Master Data type and choose the Next button.
- In the Step 2: Specify Operation Type window, specify the type of operation as Update Existing Data, and choose the Next button.
- In the Step 3: Select a Business Object window, specify business object type as and choose the Next button.
- In the Step 4: Select Data Source window, specify the source files that contain the data to be added or updated for ItemWarehouseInfo and choose the Next button.
- In the Step 5: Map Object Fields window, you can check the source data and specify the mapping rules. After finishing the mapping, choose the Next button.
- In the Step 6: Define Error Handling window, select the error handling options. Choose the Run Simulation button if you want to test the import. Choose the Next button.
- In the Step 7: Start Importing Data window, the successfully specified information for the data import is displayed. Review your selections and choose the Import button to run the data import into SAP Business One.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.