How to use Merge Transform
Use of Merge Transform
Merge transform is basically used to combine multiple incoming data sets to produce a single output dataset with the same schema (structure) as that of the input data set.
Note:- The structure of the input data sets must be same in order for you to combine them inside merge transform.
In this scenario we will transfer data from 2 flat files to single database table.
1) Create Job, workflow & dataflow as usual.
2) Add 2 file formats into dataflow.
3) Add 2 queries to dataflow, connect the file formats to query & do mapping.
4) Do Mapping.
5) Drag a Merge Transform & connect individual queries to it.
6) Add a template table / database table to the dataflow & make it as a target system.
7) Validate & execute the job.
8) Check the data after execution.
Input data was as follows.
As you can see the data is merged according to our requirement.