BODS Data Migration ETL Process
BODS Data Migration ETL Process :
Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) process view presented below for better understanding.
Below diagram shows how the ETL used in stages loading data in SAP client using one of the identified interfaces.
Figure 1.0 ETL Process per Object
a. Data Extraction & Cleansing
- Connect to different sources identified
- Extract & cleansed data using different transformations (Data correction, Data Quality etc)
- Load data in Staging DB which is an Oracle database table
b. Data Transformation
- Connect to Extracted & cleansed source, which is in oracle database Staging DB
- Do required data load transformation – and load data in oracle table on staging DB
c. Load in SAP
- Get data from oracle table in staging DB & call the appropriate load (BAPI/RFC) to load data in
Figure 2.0 ETL Job Flow
Each Data migration job (ETL job) consists of component steps as explained bellow:
- Extract data from source to staging area (Oracle DB)
- Validate the data (as defined in Technical Design Document (TDD)) by applying variety of transforms and place in staging area (Oracle DB)
- Apply mappings and format structure (to the validated data) to match SAP interface (BAPI/RFC) and place in the staging area (Oracle DB)
- Load (validated, mapped and formatted) data using SAP interface (BAPI/RFC) which loads data further to SAP
You have explained the Data Migration very well.. I want to learn BODS, Can you tell me the flow of contents to be learnt.
G S Ramanjaneyulu.
Various Transormation types
SAP BODS - Beginners guide