SAPPHIRENOW + ASUG Annual Conference Orlando is one week away and the SAP Mobile team is in the final rounds of finalizing content and schedules for our customers.
The conference attendees are typically senior executives, lines of business and IT decision makers, business managers, and ASUG members however there are activities and content for developers. This blog outlines the top highlights for developers looking to learn more about SAP Mobile Solutions and how to get started with our mobile application development platform, SAP Mobile Platform.
1. SAP MOBILE PLATFORM ASUG PRECONFERENCE HANDS ON SESSION
There are preconference sessions at SAP SAPPHIRENOW + ASUG Annual Conference in Orlando, and we are running an hands on session, SAP Mobile Platform – Solution Strategy, Deep Dive, Implementation Tools, and Project Tips to Ensure User Adoption and Project Success.
This seminar will share the latest news and developments in the SAP Mobile Platform – including SAP Afaria, Syclo, mobile apps, and more. Learn how each of the different components of SAP’s mobile platform can mobilize your enterprise processes, which ones are required, and how they integrate with SAP’s portfolio of business solutions.
Then, get hands-on and learn how to work with SAP mobile solutions by mobilizing one of the most commonly used SAP functions – processing workflows for leave requests, shopping cart approvals, and more – using the latest version of SAP Business Workflow Mobile Application.
The seminar will wrap up with a panel of project experts and customers who will share their tips for project success, user adoption and lessons learned that be applied for your next mobility project.
2. SAP MOBILE DEMO THEATRE SESSIONS
In the SAPPHIRENOW Mobile Campus there is a demo theatre where our product and industry experts will showcase our latest and greatest mobile technologies. I recommend the following sessions for developers:
- 46964 Experience the Value of an Open Development Platform for the Enterprise, Wed May 15 @ 11am, MO408
- 46966 Build a Cloud-Based Mobile App in Five Steps, Wed May 15 @ 1:30pm, MO401
- 46965 Power Up Your Business with Partner Mobile Apps, Thurs May 16 @4:00pm, MO408
Note: You can add these sessions to your SAPPHIRENOW event plans using the Agenda Builder. Under the sessions section, select ‘SAPPHIRE NOW’ under the Sessions by Event on the left nav, and then select the ‘Mobile Campus from the list of areas below’. When the popup box from the Mobile Campus appears, select ‘Mobile Platform’ to load these session on your own.
There is also mobile conference guide available that you can download and use on your iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Mobile Web and Kindle Fire device.
3. SAP MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT MICROFORUMS
Also in the SAPPHIRENOW Mobile Campus are microforums, 45 minute group discussions lead by SAP product and industry experts. I recommend the following sessions for developers:
- 47040 Explore Development Strategies for Employee and Consumer Mobile Apps, Tues May 14 @ 11am, MO428
- 47084 Include Enterprise-Grade Functionalities During Your Mobile App Development, Wed May 15 @ 4:00pm, MO428
- 47039 Choose an Approach to Getting Started with SAP Mobile Platform, Thurs May 16 @ 11am, MO428
- 46289 Explore Whether to Deploy Mobile Infrastructure on Premise or in the Cloud, Thus May 16 @ 3pm, MO429
For those developers that are not attending SAPPHIRENOW + ASUG Annual Conference Orlando (or attendees looking for a read on the plane) I have something for you!
SAP Developers created a magazine on Flipboard. “SAP Devs – Mobile (Spring 2013)” is available with thousands of other magazines and all the news you care about. Download Flipboard for free and search for “SAP Developers.”