Top 10 Reasons Utilities and Energy Companies should attend 2013 Sapphire Orlando
I have been going to Sapphire since 1994, and each year it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and more interesting with the announcements and adoptions of new technologies, For anyone that has never attended this conference, I highly recommend to try, just for the experience. This year Sapphire will be hosting an Energy Forum Day – Wednesday May 15 – for the energy sector companies, including Utilities, Oil & Gas and Mining. I highly encourage everyone to come on by and hear how Energy and Natural resource companies are adopting these new technologies to become more efficient and competitive. Now, I’ll share the top 10 reasons I am looking forward to the conferences and also mention some alternatives for your consideration.
1. Learn What SAP’s vision is to support the changing landscape of Utilities, Oil & Gas and Mining companies at the Energy Forum Day Understand the development roadmap to incorporate new innovative technologies such as in-memory computing, cloud computing, mobility and social media to help energy companies optimize their efficiencies.
2. Hear from Best Run Energy Companies how they are adopting new technologies to redesign their business processes to become more competitive and increase profitability.
3. Understand how Big Data and In-Memory computing is changing the way we process data, access new sources of data and impact business as we know it today. Listen to innovative use cases on how energy companies are leveraging this new technology.
4. Join SAP and the National Basketball Association (NBA) in Packaging Food for the Food for Orphans Organization. 60 million Orphans Go to Bed Hungry Every Night. Volunteer as little as 30 minutes of your time with SAP and NBA Player Legends to Make a Difference on Monday, May 13 at Sapphire NOW in Florida Ballroom, Lower Level, Hilton Orlando Orange County Convention Center. This unique event will support Food for Orphans by helping pack 285,000 meals– an entire truckload, destined for orphans around the world.
5. Transform Your Business to Achieve Prudent and Sustainable Operations – Energy companies are transforming their business as the lines blur between themselves and adjacent industries. Find out how to integrate operations more closely across the value chain: with trading partners, suppliers, venture partners, governments, and communities.
6. Reduce Commodity Risk with Commodity Trading and Risk Management– Price volatility of commodities has surged in the past few years. Learn why companies like yours must learn to better manage commodity uncertainty, which is identified as one of the top three business risks, or jeopardize overall business.
7. Use Situational Awareness to Identify and Resolve Problems. Explores the use of intuitive visual displays for situational intelligence. Learn how these displays incorporate information and applications needed to identify problem areas, determine root causes, and take rapid remedial action to correct problems.
8. Use Predictive Analytics to Reap New Opportunities–Learn how current market forces are changing the business landscape by offering new opportunities in data mining and predictive analytics. Explore ways that today’s insights are transforming the use of these strategies.
9. Improve Usability and Achieve Operational Integrity with Visual Tools –Gain a fundamentally new experience in interacting with the SAP Business Suite using the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Access application. Discover how combining 3D CAD engineering designs with integrated business data gives users across the enterprise a completely new experience when searching for product and related information.
10. Network With Your Peers– Collaborate and network with the entire SAP ecosystem in one location. Take advantage of forum keynotes, theater presentations, microforums, demos, and networking activities focused on your business needs. Learn about the latest trends, solutions, technologies, and services from SAP and our partners. Meet with SAP customers, experts, and thought leaders who understand your business challenges and can help you run like never before.