During my profession career as an IT Architect for SAP Manufacturing solutions I have heard some of the common questions as below which comes around frequently for SAP MII implementation :
- How can I leverage SAP MII for manufacturing systems integration and analytics?
- How can I deploy SAP MII solution to cater to multiple plants globally?
- How can I use SAP MII for complex manufacturing system integration with heavy message flows?
- How can I leverage SAP MII for process event management at manufacturing plants to quickly respond to critical incidents?
- How can I leverage SAP MII for providing engaging app for manufacturing plant users?
- What is the implementation approach shall I follow for global deployment of SAP MII solution?
SAP MII being a composition platform for custom development it is important to determine the right deployment architecture and incorporate certain design principles to make the solution flexible, scalable and easy to use. So I thought of giving a presentation session in ASUG/SapphireNow this year at Orlando to specifically discuss around these questions and share my experiences which may help the consultants or customers working on SAP MII implementations or planning for it. The agenda of my presentation is as below:
- Implementation Scenarios & Use Cases for SAP MII
- Determining the Right Deployment Scenario
- Handling Complex Integration & Messaging
- Managing Plant Data
- Making the UI That Engages
- Delivering the Solution For Global Deployment
In this session I’ll talk about the architectural and design best practices and tips and tricks which one can follow while designing SAP MII solutions. It will cover the industry use cases, deployment architecture, system integration aspects using complex messaging, application data management, user interface technologies and process, methods of tools used by IBM for SAP MII implementation.
The session (ASUG session code#1105) will be on May 15 (Wednesday) in S310E (South Concourse, L3) at Orange County Convention Center from 11:00 am – 12 p.m. If you are attending SapphireNow/ASUG this year at Orlando and interested in SAP MII you are welcome to attend the same and engage with me and other audience in an interactive session.