Today I would like to share with you the availability of SAP NetWeaver Portal, enterprise workspaces 1.1, Service Pack 4.
With this latest release of Enterprise Workspaces, we extend (even more) the mobile capabilities of the SAP NetWeaver Portal and Enterprise Workspaces.
This new service pack provides enhanced and extended mobile and social capabilities for the SAP NetWeaver Portal, in four major areas:
- Mobile Homepage – 16 new mobile homepage templates and multiple new mobile ready modules.
- Mobile user interface for the SAP NetWeaver Portal Universal Worklist – an HTML5 based user interface for the existing Universal Worklist running on smartphones and tablets, while reusing the existing configuration of the Universal Worklist (SSO, UWL configuration, etc.)
- Enterprise Feeds – new portal container aggregating different content sources into one harmonized feed. The enterprise feed aggregates one or more channels, consuming data from an external RSS feed, news items stored in the SAP Knowledge Management repository and\or Universal Worklist items. Customers and partners can extend the list of channels via public API’s and consume items from additional repositories. Enterprise feeds can be consumed on multiple devices – desktop and mobile devices.
- People Explorer is connecting people based on both enterprise data and personal information, it supports in creating professional networks, finding experts and discovering colleagues with shared interests. With Enterprise Workspaces Service Pack 4, multiple relationship types are supported (for example: “following”, “member-of”, etc.), end user can edit and update their own profile, and several additional enhancements.
Check out this short video presenting the mobile consumption of the SAP NetWeaver Portal on tablet devices:
- Enterprise Workspaces 1.1 Service Pack 4 provides enhanced capabilities for quick and easy creation of mobile workspaces and mobile homepage.
- It provides a mobile view for the SAP NetWeaver Portal Universal Worklist.
- It provides 16 new mobile homepage templates and additional mobile ready modules for feed consumption, mobile application launching and mobile Universal Worklist.
Finally, don’t miss the live demos and face-to-face discussions at sapphirenow2013. If you are attending the sapphire_now_2103 / asug_365 conference in Orlando, you are welcome to e-mail me and meet in person.
With the new gamification tools on SCN, don’t forget to “like” this blog in case your find it useful…