Read-only local repository in SAP Data Services 4.0
It is necessary to make the repositories read only to restrict the access among the users to make the multi-user environment controlled. Once a repository made read-only for a particular user, the user won’t be able to execute the jobs within the repository.
Here are the steps
- Login to the IPS central management console
2. Click on Users and Groups to create a user
3. Create a user called ReadOnlyUser
4. Once created , double click on the user name->On the left panel ,click on Member Of to join the group
5. Select the group Data Services Designer Users and click OK
6. Go to the CMC home and choose Data Services and double click on the repository on which the user to be associated.
7. Select the use ReadOnlyUser and click on Add and Assign Security
8. Select the access level View; click OK
9. You can see the user ReadOnlyUser assigned with View access in CMC and Read only is set to Yes when log-in in SAP DS designer