What to “See” at SAPPHIRE – Don’t miss the 3D View!
SAP’s SAPPHIRE Now event will be taking place in two weeks. This is the world’s premier business technology event and largest SAP customer-run conference. It is a great place for senior executives and decision makers to learn about the latest business technology trends and innovations, as well as hear directly from peers who have integrated SAP solutions into their business operations.
This year, I’m pleased to say that many of the sessions at SAPPHIRE will be focused on the benefits and real-world applications of 3D Visual Enterprise. Roughly 18 months after SAP acquired 3D visualization technology through the purchase of Right Hemisphere, 3D Visual Enterprise has been integrated into many of SAP’s processes and software platforms. Customers such as Waters, Gulfstream and Northrop Grumman already are using
SAP 3D Visual Enterprise applications to foster innovation and boost productivity throughout their organizations.
Below is a list of recommended sessions for anyone interested in learning more about 3D visualization technology. Whether you are looking to see how 3D Visual Enterprise can help within certain industries or within specific departments, these sessions will show why converting thousands of data points into
easy-to-interpret visuals is truly a better way to share information.
Recommended 3D Visual Enterprise Sessions
- R&D Engineering – Session IL 138: Incorporate innovation faster with 3D visualization of design, effective design processes, and automated handover to manufacturing.
- Manufacturing – Session IL 139: Simplify user interactions and effectiveness with 3D visualization across design, manufacturing, sustainable operations, and performance management.
- Visualize the Entire Construction Lifecycle with Virtual Design – Session 94927: See how to unify and visualize complex project data across multiple systems, enabling accelerated decision making and optimizing productivity. See how Kiewit Corporation is moving toward true virtual design and construction with help from SAP 3D Visual Enterprise applications.
- Drive Product Innovation and Optimize Service Through 3D Visualization Unlock valuable 3D visual data from the confines of engineering, and integrate it with business information from SAP software enterprise-wide. Find out how Waters has established animated 3D instructions for assembly and service processes.
- Preserve the Reliable Operation of Complex Assets with 3D Visualization See how the reliability of a complex oil and gas asset can be preserved when 3D visualization is used to monitor operation, maintain performance, and manage risk.
- Untether Your Workspace with Enterprise Mobility – Session 14847: Discover how to improve traceability and reduce scrap, risks, and costs while improving reliability, quality, field service, and customer satisfaction with help from visualization, and mobile solutions from SAP.
- Boost Productivity with 3D Visualization for the Shop FloorLearn how to digitally integrate engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain operations while transforming the delivery of information to the shop floor with help from a 3D mobile solution.
- Discover the Value of 3D Visualization for Manufacturers This discussion explores use cases for 3D visualization technology in leading manufacturing companies. Learn ways your company can improve field service, engineering, shop-floor assembly, and sales communications.
- Foster Innovation in the Industrial Machinery and Components Industry Visualization and digitization are key areas to improve productivity in the industrial machinery and components industry. Learn how Caterpillar Global Mining is using SAP 3D Visual Enterprise applications to bring innovation to a mature industry.
- Improve Usability and Achieve Operational Integrity with 3D Visualization
- Visualize Your Enterprise with 3D Views of Business Information See how 3D visualization in product development, manufacturing, and service helps ensure consistency in work processes while increasing quality and productivity.
Sapphire Now + ASUG Annual Conference is being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando Florida on May 14-16, 2013. To register or for more information, please visit SAPPHIRE Now.
by Robert Merlo
Visual Enterprise Solution Marketing, SAP
Nice post Robert and happy to see so many sessions around the topic of 3D Visualization. I hope I can find the time to attend one of them. Will any of these sessions be (video) recorded?
3D visual enterprise is very slick technology. We did a demo last year with the SAP Dashboards plugin + GMaps Plugin where we could look at supply chain and see where parts were coming from and then where they are assembled on the plane. Very cool stuff that is extremely impactful for someone behind a desk.