WAD BI 7.0: Web Template with custom buttons
In some cases, adding custom buttons simplify navigation .Ex: After executing the query, when the user needs to rerun the report, the variable screen needs to be navigated in two-step process 1) Right click on Filter and 2) click on Variable Screen as shown below:
Steps to add custom button to repor to ease navigation:
1) Insert Button group from standard web item tab to the report layout
2) Name the button and set button property by clicking ” .” icon under internal display
3) Wizard for parameter for web item opens up:
4) Edit the caption, select “Command via Wizard” in action and select “ OPEN_VARIABLE_DIALOG” command and click OK.
5) Result: By clicking the variable screen custom button.
Similarly we can add buttons for other options available from Context menu properties. Ex Bookmark, Export to PDF , Export to Excel etc..
Very useful one. Thanks for sharing.
Can you please tell me how to customize the buttons available in Variable Screen . Say I have to change the description of of "Ok" Button to "Execute".
Any help will be greatly appreciated.