SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2013 May 13 – 16, 2013 is less than 2 weeks away and the SAP Mobile Team is gearing up to help you get your mobile apps to market in ‘smarter, faster, simpler’ ways and here is the why and how.
For mobile market watchers, a favorite pastime is watching the growth of mobile apps available from app stores. How many hundreds of thousands of apps are available this year, (if you combine all the apps in Google Play, the iOS App Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, and BlackBerry World, there are now about 1,750,000 mobile apps available) and how many downloads will there be (about 58 billion to smartphones in 2013, of which over 85% will be paid apps).
That’s all very interesting. These app stores distribute a wide range of apps that are mostly consumer oriented. However many are also business apps. In fact the business app market is growing rapidly. According to a recent analyst survey, there are over 200 million workers using mobile business apps, and the market for these apps will more than double over the next 5 years, from $26 billion in 2012 to $53 billion in 2017. That’s pretty dramatic growth.
Many developers are creating mobile apps specifically for the business users. Also, many companies create mobile apps to streamline their own operations, and then they decide to put out a commercial version of the app and try selling it through an app store. But posting a business app at the iOS App store (along with 800,000 other apps) may not be the best way to gain visibility among potential buyers. Too bad there isn’t an app store that focuses exclusively on this market of 200 million (and growing) business users.
Knowing this, the SAP Mobile Team and specifically the SAP Mobile Platform team has prepared amazing SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2013 content for our customers and partners to learn proven approaches and best practices to take their mobile apps to market in ‘smarter, faster, simpler’ ways.
Here is a summary of the SAP Mobile Platform sessions that will be given by SAP Mobile Platform product experts and customers.
Note: You can add these sessions to your SAPPHIRENOW event plans using the Agenda Builder. Under the sessions section, select ‘SAPPHIRE NOW’ under the Sessions by Event on the left nav, and then select the ‘Mobile Campus from the list of areas below’. When the popup box from the Mobile Campus appears, select ‘Mobile Platform’ to load these session on your own.
- 46959 Accelerate Scalable Mobile App Rollouts with SAP Mobile Platform, Tues May 14 @11am, Mobile and Analytics Theatre
- 47019 Explore the Critical Functionalities of a Mobile App Development Platform, Thurs May 16 @ 1:30pm, Mobile and Analytics Theatre
- 46964 Experience the Value of an Open Development Platform for the Enterprise, Wed May 15 @ 11am, MO408
- 46966 Build a Cloud-Based Mobile App in Five Steps, Wed May 15 @ 1:30pm, MO401
- 46965 Power Up Your Business with Partner Mobile Apps, Thurs May 16 @4:00pm, MO408
- 47040 Explore Development Strategies for Employee and Consumer Mobile Apps, Tues May 14 @ 11am, MO428
- 47084 Include Enterprise-Grade Functionalities During Your Mobile App Development, Wed May 15 @ 4:00pm, MO428
- 47039 Choose an Approach to Getting Started with SAP Mobile Platform, Thurs May 16 @ 11am, MO428
- 46289 Explore Whether to Deploy Mobile Infrastructure on Premise or in the Cloud, Thus May 16 @ 3pm, MO429
For those not attending the event, you too can learn how to ‘Run Smarter, Faster, and Simpler’ online with the live recordings. Watch SAP mobile session replays from SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2013 to hear from our product experts, customers, partners and industry experts about the latest mobile trends, product announcements and lessons learned from recent mobile product implementations. Visit the SAPPHIRE NOW event page to access the recordings and other event content.
And there’s more. There are preconference sessions at SAP SAPPHIRENOW + ASUG Annual Conference in Orlando, and we are running an hands on session, SAP Mobile Platform – Solution Strategy, Deep Dive, Implementation Tools, and Project Tips to Ensure User Adoption and Project Success.
Monday, May 13, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
This seminar will share the latest news and developments in the SAP Mobile Platform – including SAP Afaria, SAP mobile apps, and more. Learn how each of the different components of SAP’s mobile platform can mobilize your enterprise processes, which ones are required, and how they integrate with SAP’s portfolio of business solutions.
Then, get hands-on and learn how to work with SAP mobile solutions by mobilizing one of the most commonly used SAP functions – processing workflows for leave requests, shopping cart approvals, and more – using the latest version of SAP Business Workflow Mobile Application.
The seminar will wrap up with a panel of project experts and customers who will share their tips for project success, user adoption and lessons learned that be applied for your next mobility project.
There are 12 days before the event and the SAP Mobile Team is excited to deliver this content in Orlando. If you are curious to explore solutions to get your mobile apps to market in ‘smarter, faster, simpler’ ways you don’t have to wait. I suggest that you start looking into enterprise app stores that target the business app markteplace.
The SAP Store is such a marketplace for mobile apps. Anyone can browse the store and download apps, but business customers can also register with the store. Some companies set up their SAP Store account so that their employees have access the apps authorized for use in their businesses. There are several things to note about he SAP Store that are of great importance to anyone developing business apps:
If you need a business app or are a mobile business app developer, check out the SAP Store to learn more about finding good apps and accessing an existing business app marketplace.
- The SAP Store is a good source of vetted enterprise-grade mobile apps
- There are a number of roles available for store customers. Some roles give authorized individuals from companies the authority to purchase large quantities of apps for use across an enterprise, or even for use as customer facing apps.
- One of the designated roles is that of “SAP Solution Provider”. Solution providers can build business apps and then sell them through the SAP Store.
- The SAP Store gives instant access to 230,000 businesses. That is a business mobility market ready and waiting
And, if you are attending SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2013 May 13 – 16, 2013 and want to connect with the SAP Mobile Team and product experts, please connect with me and I will point you in the right direction!