Software Development Kit for the ABAP Development Tools
The software development kit for the ABAP development tools (SDK for ADT) offers a public API to implement or integrate your own tools with SAP’s ABAP IDE on the open Eclipse platform. This SDK consists of the API documentation (Javadoc), the how-to guide to get you started (published as separate SCN document), and the corresponding end user license agreement (EULA).
Technical prerequisites for the software development kit:
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP 7.4 SP2 (or higher)
- ABAP Development Tools 2.7 (or higher)
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
(Software Development Kit for the ABAP Development Tools)
Please scroll down and read the following end user license agreement carefully. This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between You and SAP AG, for and on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries and affiliates as defined in Section 15 of the German Stock Corporation Act, which provides the terms of Your use of the public and documented application programming interface of the ABAP development tools for SAP Netweaver software development kit which accompanies this Agreement (“Software”). If You are trying to access or download Software on behalf of Your employer or as a consultant or agent of a third party (either “Your Company”), You represent and warrant that You have the authority to act on behalf of and bind Your Company to the terms of this Agreement and everywhere in this Agreement that refers to You or Your, shall also include Your Company. By clicking “I Accept” or by installing and/or using the Software, You are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions stated in this Agreement. If You do not agree to these terms, do not click “I Accept”, and do not use the Software.
1. Software License: Subject to the terms, conditions and limitations stated in this Agreement, SAP grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited use license to utilize the Software to integrate or develop your own IDE extensions which IDE extensions you may use or distribute to third parties at your own risk. SAP may audit Your use of the Software by providing You with commercially reasonable advance notice of no less than ten (10) days.
2. Restrictions: You are not permitted to use the Software for any purpose other than as expressly permitted under this Agreement and the Software documentation (if any, the “Documentation”) which SAP may or may not provide in electronic and/or printed form at SAP’s sole discretion. You agree that any IDE Extension developed using the Software will not: (a) unreasonably impair, degrade or reduce the performance or security of the Software or any SAP product; (b) enable the bypassing or circumventing of SAP’s license restrictions and/or provide users with access to the Software or any SAP product to which such users are not licensed; (c) render or provide, without prior written consent from SAP, any information concerning SAP software license terms, other SAP software, or any other information related to SAP products; or (d) permit mass data extraction from an SAP product to a non-SAP product, including use, modification, saving or other processing of such data in the non-SAP product. In exchange for the right to use the Software to create IDE extensions, You covenant not to assert against SAP or its subsidiaries, or their resellers, distributors, suppliers, commercial partners and customers, any rights in the functionality of the IDE extensions enabled by or related to the Software, or any rights covering or reading upon the Software, any content contained in or functionality of the Software and/or any component of the Software, and You agree to promptly refer any customer requesting or requiring such use or information to SAP.
3. Ownership of Software and IDE Extensions: Subject to SAP’s ownership and intellectual rights in the Software, the ownership of any IDE extensions You develop under this Agreement shall vest in You. Ownership of and title in the Software and to all intellectual property rights in any SAP proprietary information embodied in the Software are and shall remain in SAP and its licensors. You acquire only the right to use the Software for the purpose of s expressly provided for hereunder and not for the purposes of using the Software in a productive environment. Nothing in this Agreement shall in any way convey to You any ownership rights or title in or to the Software. You may not: a) remove or modify any marks or proprietary notices of SAP, b) provide or make the Software available to any third party, except as expressly provided in this Agreement, c) use the Software to provide third party training for SAP products, d) assign this Agreement or give or transfer the Software (except as expressly provided in this Agreement) or an interest in them to another individual or entity, e) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer (except to the extent permitted by applicable law) the Software, f) create derivative works of or based on the Software g) use any SAP name, trademark or logo, or (h) use the Software to modify existing Software or other SAP product functionality or to access the Software or other SAP products’ source code or metadata.
a) If You are located outside the US or Canada: AS THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE, SAP DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT ANY FEATURES OR QUALITIES OF SOFTWARE OR GIVE ANY UNDERTAKING WITH REGARD TO ANY OTHER QUALITY. NO SUCH WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING SHALL BE IMPLIED BY YOU FROM ANY DESCRIPTION IN THE SOFTWARE ITSELF OR ANY AVAILABLE DOCUMENTATION OR ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION OR ADVERTISEMENT FOR SOFTWARE EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SAP HAS EXPRESSLY CONFIRMED A SPECIFIC QUALITY IN WRITING. IN PARTICULAR, SAP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNINTERRUPTED OR PERMANENTLY. ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS ARE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY STIPULATED IN SECTION 5 A) BELOW.
b) If You are located in the US or Canada: THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED TO YOU “AS IS”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, ESCROW, TRAINING, MAINTENANCE, OR SERVICE OBLIGATIONS WHATSOEVER ON THE PART OF SAP. SAP MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RISKS RELATING TO QUALITY, AVAILABILITY, PERFORMANCE, DATA LOSS, AND UTILITY IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT. IN PARTICULAR, SAP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNINTERRUPTED OR PERMANENTLY.
a) If You are located outside the US or Canada: IRRESPECTIVE OF THE LEGAL REASONS, SAP SHALL ONLY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IF SUCH DAMAGE (I) CAN BE CLAIMED UNDER THE GERMAN PRODUCT LIABILITY ACT OR (II) IS CAUSED BY INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF SAP OR (III) CONSISTS OF PERSONAL INJURY. IN ALL OTHER CASES, NEITHER SAP NOR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUBCONTRACTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE OR CLAIMS HEREUNDER.
b) If You are located in the US or Canada: IN NO EVENT SHALL SAP BE LIABLE TO YOU, COMPANY OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100 ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR IN CONNECTION WITH SAP’SPROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES PERTAINING TO THE SOFTWARE, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY DEFECT IN THE SOFTWARE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION THAT MAY BE BROUGHT AGAINST SAP, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ACTION FOR NEGLIGENCE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF THIS AGRREEMENT BY SAP OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE OR SAP MATERIALS SHALL BE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SAP AND ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOSS OF GOOD WILL OR BUSINESS PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, DATA LOSS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS, OR EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
6. Indemnity: You will fully indemnify, hold harmless and defend SAP against law suits based on any claim: (a) that any IDE extension or application created by You infringes any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of a third party, or (b) related to Your alleged violation of the terms of this Agreement.
7. Export: The Software is subject to German, EU and US export control regulations. You confirm that: a) You will not use the Software for, and will not allow the Software to be used for, any purposes prohibited by German, EU and US law, including, without limitation, for the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction; b) You are not located in Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Iraq, North Korea, Syria, nor any other country to which the United States has prohibited export or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country (any, an “US Embargoed Country”); c) You are not a citizen, national or resident of, and are not under the control of, a US Embargoed Country; d) You will not download or otherwise export or re-export the Software, directly or indirectly, to a US Embargoed Country nor to citizens, nationals or residents of a US Embargoed Country; e) You are not listed on the United States Department of Treasury lists of Specially Designated Nationals, Specially Designated Terrorists, and Specially Designated Narcotic Traffickers, nor listed on the United States Department of Commerce Table of Denial Orders or any other U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties and f) You will not download or otherwise export or re-export the Software, directly or indirectly, to persons on the above-mentioned lists.
8. Support: This Agreement does not obligate SAP to provide any support or maintenance services for the Software, including without limitation any updates or new versions of the Software. Any updates or new versions of the Software provided by SAP, at its sole and absolute discretion, shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. .
9. Term and Termination: You may terminate this Agreement by destroying all copies of the Software on Your Computer(s). SAP shall be entitled to terminate Your license to use the Software if You fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement. In case of termination or expiration of this Agreement, You must destroy all copies of the Software immediately.
a) If You are located outside the US or Canada: This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Germany. You and SAP agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the courts of Karlsruhe in Germany in any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
b) If You are located in the US or Canada: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania law without reference to its conflicts of law principles. In the event of any conflicts between foreign law, rules, and regulations, and United States of America law, rules, and regulations, United States of America law, rules, and regulations shall prevail and govern. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act as enacted shall not apply.
11. Miscellaneous: This Agreement is the complete Agreement for the Software licensed (including reference to information/documentation contained in a URL). This Agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or representations with regards to the subject matter of this Agreement. If any term of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the surviving provisions shall remain effective. SAP´s failure to enforce any right or provisions stipulated in this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision of this Agreement.
12. Contact: If You have any questions with regards to the Software please perform an online search at http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse for additional information which may or may not include forums, wiki’s or blogs on the subject matter. SAP is under no obligation to provide any product or maintenance support for the free Software accompanying this Agreement of any kind whatsoever.