SAPPHIRE NOW 2013 in Orlando is already set to be one of the greatest business technology events of the year with hundreds of sessions covering the most exciting technologies currently in the market.
As we discussed in a previous post, whatever industry you are in, innovation and growth should be at the core of your strategy and future investments.
There are some pressing challenges ahead, and to be successful companies need to quickly adapt. Think about some of these facts:
- 1 Billion people today are engaged in social networks
- Wal-Mart handles 1M customer transactions every hour, feeding 2.5 petabytes of data, the equivalent of 167 times the books in the Library of Congress
- Facebook houses 40B photograph
- Google processes 1 petabyte of search data every hour
And these are just a few examples of how companies need to cope with an explosion of data and be able to transform it into meaningful insights.
Companies today need to:
- Rething data – data volume, velocity, quality, real-time interaction
- Rethink the flow of information – throughout their business network and beyond, in real-time
- Rethink processes and collaboration – to gain agility, within and across organizations
- Rethink IT operations – how to lower Total Cost of Ownership, get faster Return on Investment and free up IT resources to innovate
To help companies in their journey, SAP has developed a strong portfolio of Data and Technology Services that help companies manage, optimize and innovate their SAP application landscape – faster, quicker and with a high level of quality and efficiency.
In our next blogs, we will go into more details and see some business use cases and challenges that have been addressed with these services.
Listen first to Ana Amman, who is the Senior Director of Global Services Portfolio Marketing. She discusses some of the Data & Technology Services activities that are taking place at SAPPHIRE NOW in Orlando. Download the interview here.