We noticed customers facing some issues during the ABAP addon upgrade from 3.0 SP0-3 to 4.0 SP1. This blog lists the 2 options customers have.
In this example we assume the customer is on 3.0 SP3 and upgrading to 4.0 SP1.
Option 1: Upgrade using a step UP method. This means, from 3.0 SP3:
1) First upgrade to 4.0 using the appropriate 4.0 AOU addon and AOU TP
2) Then upgrade to 4.0 SP1 using the appropriate 4.0 SP1 AOU addon and AOU TP
Option 2: Fresh Install
1) Install the 4.0 SP1 Fresh Installation Addon & Transport Pack (AOI)
What to do if you already have an issue?
If a you already tried upgrading from 3.0 SP3 directly to 4.0 SP1 using the 4.0 SP1 AOU addon you will encounter an error during the addon deployment and this will cause issues in SAINT. In order to resolve the situation you will need to raise an OSS Message for Nakisa Support. The only way this situation can be resolved now is to follow these steps (in this order):
- Import the appropriate (for their ECC version) 4.0 SP1 AOI addon in the form of a transport à to be provided by Nakisa Support
- After completion, continue with their original AOU installation using SAINT
- Then Install the appropriate (for their ECC version) 4.0 SP1 AOI related configuration TP
When importing the Transports, please only select the option to “Leave Transport Request in Queue for Later Import”.