How to Read device Database?
This Document explains steps how to Read device/client side database.
- SUP 2.x
You are wondering how to access the client side database from SUP side.
You would have checked How to access SUP CDB (Cache Database) ?
Assuming that you have created MBO(s) and deployed successfully to SUP server. then the same package has been implemented with client side (iOS native) application.
once you run the application on device, a .udb file would be created on the same.Sybase creates a .udb file on the iOS native apps to keep the data synchronised from the unwired server. Every Unwired Server setup comes with Sybase Central as db tool. For accessing client side data, Ultralite Plugin is available in this tool.
Finding Out the path for Ultralite Tool:
- go to the location: C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\SQLAnywhere12\Bin32
- look for scjview.exe
- when you open it. A screen will be prompted like below:
- Open the UltraLite 12 Plugin. Click on Connect to a database
- Download the .udb file from device on the SUP server. Pass dba as user ID, sql as password.
- Browse the database file (.udb file)
- Once you are connected to UltraLite 12, you would be seeing the contents related to database created on iOS device.
- here, you can view details in a particular table like columns details, constraints, referencing constraints, indexes, data. You can navigate to ER diagram for a table.
I hope this document will help you to read the data available at client side.
Your comments/Suggestions are most welcome.