In the following video, I sat down with Ana Ammann, Sr. Director of SAP Global Services Marketing to discuss some of the considerations you will want to take into account when selecting the right User Interface
To recap the message I deliver in the video, the good thing is that there are strategies that we can use to determine which UI to select by using a use-case scenario. The first and most important question you must ask yourself is: Will the technology solution that I choose make life easier for the users? That is imperative when making your choice, and the answer should be a resounding YES if the implementation is to be successful.
After answering that question, we look at the following criteria:
- What type of user is going to be using this? Is it a person well versed and experienced in SAP or is it someone who demands a casual look and feel?
- What device will be used to access the application? Desktop, Internet Browser or Mobile? Many of our technologies are geared towards one or two of these options.
- Does the solution meet all design requirements such as custom branding or themes?
- How will the solution be maintained? Do my developers have the experience to support it, or will I need to get resources from the outside?
- Security and authorization considerations, how will the user login? Is this enough to meet my needs or are there additional products needed to support my requirements?
In the upcoming series I will tackle these questions and more with a focus on SAP’s newer technologies and innovations.
Learn more about how to leverage leading-edge innovation with Technology Services at Technology Services at sap.com
Stay in the conversation by following SAP Services on SCN.
Follow our news on Twitter @SAPServices