WEBI is a strategic web based tool for creating Ad-hoc reports. Reports can be created on top of Universe which can have data from different sources including OLAP & OLTP connections.
It has great report formatting functionalities, all in a web environment.
Below we will see, how can we create a WEBI report on top of a universe.
1) Open WEBI and click on Universe. Give the login credentials.
2) Select a universe on which you want to create a Report.
3) Drag the required characteristics & Key figures in the result panel and run the query.
4) After that run the query and you can see the query output.
5) Here we can do lot of formatting. First, we will see how can we do the ranking of our top customers. For this select Amount and right click–>Ranking–>Add Ranking.
6) Enter 5 in the space besides Top to see top 5 customers and click OK.
7) Below, you can see the top 5 customers.
8) Below we will see, how can you put rules in WEBI. It is similar to Exceptions in the BEx query.
Select the column and Goto Analysis–>Conditional–>New rule
9) Enter Amount Greater than <Any value> based upon your data, here 90000 and click on format.
10) Select Text and select the font color. Here Black is selected.
11) Also set the Background color. Select Background and set background color. Here we give Red.
12) See the report output as below.