Below we will see, how we can create a universe using UDT and publish it to Repository.
1) Login to UDT with your credentials.
2) Create a new OLAP connection. Click on new to create a new Universe.
3) Choose the connection type as secured and give a connection name and click Next.
4) On the next screen, select SAP Client and click Next.
5) Fill in the details on the next screen and click Next.
6) On the next scrren, select a BEx query and click Next.
7) On next screen, click Finish.
8) On next screen, Test the connection. If the cnnection is successful click next. If the connection is not successful then you need to go back and choose a different query. After testing the connection successfully, the next screen will say “Your universe is created successfully”. Click Finish.
9) After creating the universe, it needs to be exported to the repository to be able to create reports on top of it. For exporting goto File–>Export. Select the appropriate domain and click Ok.
10) After exporting, reports can be created in WEBI on top of this universe.