With SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando coming up, SAP asked William S. McNee, Founder and CEO of Saugatuck Technology, what he sees as the latest trends in cloud adoption. This should give you as SAPPHIRE NOW attendee (in Orlando or virtually) a good idea of which sessions would be the most relevant to you and your business.
The interview is in 4 video sections:
The Latest Trends in Cloud Adoption : http://youtu.be/6FWb0tm2nIo
A new master architecture is emerging, combing cloud, mobile, social and advanced integration, which will help organizations move into the future, to what Saugatuck see as the Boundary-free Enterprise™.
What is the past, present and future of cloud adoption? : http://youtu.be/uJEbtPYc-XI
Saugatuck see a move from point / discrete solutions, islands of automation to solving more robust corporate wide business problems.
This transition has been evolving over the last 5-7 years.
There are 3 phases:
1. CRM, Social collaboration > highest area of cloud based adoption
2. HCM > Transition in upper ME and large enterprises > sharp edge of the wedge introducing cloud solutions to large enterprises
3. Core financials systems (systems of record) > there are a number of SMB solutions, but now there are also credible alternatives for larger enterprises
Cloud buying patterns, customer benefits and business value : http://youtu.be/i7qeKoZfZ8o
During this transition from point solutions to addressing more complex business problems, companies are starting to recognize that cloud computing is not only about costs saving, but about generating better business value and rethinking underlying business processes in a modern way. I.e. not simply replicating the business processes of the past.
The move to loosely coupled architectures provide customers with a greater choice in the pace change of adoption of new, e.g. cloud based, solutions.
Some can completely replace their systems, but for some the benefit of a loosely coupled systems is that they can expand to new or replace systems for discrete functional areas
Towards end of the decade maybe all systems will be cloud based
Summary: 3 Flavors of Cloud Computing
Saugatuck believes that loosely coupled architectures are the future.
3 Flavors of Cloud Computing
- Highly integrated
- Single vendor multi- cross functional delivered through loosely couples architecture
- Multi vendor multi- cross functional delivered through loosely couples architecture
What should customers look for in a Winning cloud solution:
- Rich functional capabilities + platform capabilities and complementary tools that are helping to revolutionize enterprise software, especially:
- Social > embedded into the workflow
- Mobile > mobile 1st perspective ofapplication consumption
- Advanced analytics
- + Integration
- All are the new master architecture … Cloud + social + mobile + advanced analytics + Integration
- Delivering transition from enterprise IT to the Boundary-free Enterprise™.
In Summary : Latest Trends of Cloud Adoption
- This is an exciting time, with innovation across so many dimensions.
- Saugatuck is seeing CIOs being more excited than they have been in the past 10 – 20 years
- Saugatuck see this as a Renaissance period, with the opportunity to create new cloud enabled businesses.
SAPPHIRE NOW: Leverage this industry analyst insight into trends of Cloud Adoption, to determine which of the many Cloud Sessions would make the most sense for you and your company.
Check out the SAPPHIRE NOW Agenda Builder !
Register for SAPPHIRE NOW in Orlando !