Comment:Repartitioning is a great tool provided by SAP which gives the
business another chance to rethink about the performance needs without the need
of disturbing the data that is already existing in the infocubes. It is a
feature that lets us to redefine partitions without deleting the data in the
This article highlights few important points about
1. Creates shadow tables for the E and F fact tables, starting
- 2. Copies data from the E and F fact tables to the shadow tables.
- 3. Creates partitions on the E and F fact tables.
- 4. Copies data back to the E and F fact tables.
- 5. Recreates indexes.
- 1. Make sure you have enough tablespace in the PSAP*FACT.
- 2. If you are using the 0FISCPER for repartitioning, make sure that
the Fiscal Year Variant is constant in the Infoprovider Settings.If not, use
the program RSDU_SET_FV_TO_FIX_VALUE.
- 3. Take pre-snapshots of data for later validation after
- 1. Right click on the cube and select Additional
- 2. There are three options to add, merge or complete partitioning.
Select the desired option and click on Initialize. Continue through the popups.
- 3. Check the monitor .
1. Check and rebuild the indexes and/or aggregates if needed.
- 2. Validate the data against the pre-snapshots.
- 3. Once the data is validated the shadow tables can be cleaned up.
For more detailed and step-by-step explanation refer to SAP note