To win in the global competition and meet the rapidly evolving customer needs and changing business environment, companies have only one viable option: innovate.
The time required for a new product or service to be developed and brought to market has dramatically shrunk. And in this game only the best ones will survive.
Most of the companies have long understood that, and are either planning to make or already have made major investments in software to optimize their operating costs, simplify their processes and free up resources to focus on developing their next generation of products and services.
As a result of these investments, they rightfully expect a quick Return on Investment and some of their most pressing business challenges to be solved. They also want to harvest the value from their investment quickly and effectively.
To become innovation leaders, investing in technology is most of the times a right choice and a necessary step, but certainly not a sufficient one. At this stage, nothing guarantees you yet that you will get the expected business outcomes.
To make your investment a long-term success story, it is critical to get the following pieces right:
- Carefully assess your current environment, identify your business goals and choose the right partner(s) that you trust and that will get you there as smoothly and quickly as possible. Not a place to be too creative here…take your best bet!
- Build a solid plan to consolidate your road to innovation. Identify the right requirements and solutions that will enable your
teams to create the most useful and delightful products in the industry.
- Once your goals have been set, ensure that you have the best teams in place to implement the solutions. It is of outmost importance to get this phase right to ensure that your goals will be achieved: at the end, it all comes down to the people you are going to engage with.
- Adoption is a critical measure of success, and you want to put in place all the procedures and best-practices that will help your team make the most out of the solutions you implemented. Change management anyone?
- Realize the value of your investment by providing your team with the right education, and safeguard it with the right level of support to guarantee that you will get the desired benefits.
This simple set of actions should help you maximize your chances to gain all the benefits you are expecting out of your IT project. You can be sure that it will get more complex once you dive into the details, so fasten your sit belt and get ready for the journey ahead!
You will find success at the crossroad of the right partner(s), the right solutions and the right teams. You will then open your software box, unlock its power and enjoy all the magic in it!
Follow also the SAP Services social media ambassador “Jason” Faulks on Twitter: @JVFaulks #sapphirenow #services
Go here for an up to date list of Services related SAPPHIRE blogs.