[This is a copy of the same page on Code Exchange on SDN which shuts down end of August 2013. Therefore, I move my projects here to SCN.]
I work a lot with Security Notes, RSECNOTE, and the Note Assistant and I got a little bit tired to jump between various tools regularly. Therefore I’ve created an extended version of the Note Browser, report ZSCWN_NOTE_BROWSER_EXT, which offers some more features:
- The reports deals with all notes like the original program from SNOTE, not only security notes
- Additional colums showing information of the notes
- Software component(s) for which the note is valid
- Post-processing required
- Side effects notes
- Releases(s) for which the note is valid
- Patches which contain the solution
- Own software component version
- SAP Status
- Additional column to show if a notes is checked within the EarlyWatch Alert security check (RSECNOTE)
- Option to show only notes which match to the own software components of the system
- Option to download individually listed notes on the fly
- The report requires software component ST-A/PI (because of the additional EarlyWatch Alert security check)
- It’s tested on SAP_BASIS release 700, 701 and 702 only.
- The API to read data about notes does not give me the priority or other information like CVSS rating which is just somewhere in the note text. There exist an API to read more data via RFC from the SAPnet, but at the current state I do not like to call it for every note.
As soon as you have collected a work list of notes, e.g. as part of your monthly security patch process, you can copy&paste these note numbers into the report selection screen and save is as a variant. You do not need to care if a specific note actually is requires for this system, because the report check this automatically (this works identically like with the original report of SNOTE).
Now you can easily download these notes and regularly check the installation progress for these notes.
ABAP Source Code
You find the source code on the corresponding wiki page.