There are many ways to add a new column to an existing schema. Here I have mentioned 2 ways.
1. 1. Right click on the schema to be edited. (here test_sample). Click on Open.
1. 2.Right click on the child node where the new column has to be added. Right click on New Column.
1. 3. In column properties, give the column name and data type. Click on OK.
1. 4.Save the XML schema and export it.
1. 5. Save it in a path.
1. 6. Right click the saved file and open it in notepad. It can be seen that even though the data type of the new column is there in notepad, additional data about
the column is not present in the notepad.
1. 7. Manually add the column properties in the notepad and save the notepad.
1. 8. Import the file into DS.
1. 9. Now the schema has the newly added column.
1. 1.Take the xml file of the schema to be modified.
1. 2. Add the new column to this. (Here post_office is the new column)
1. 3. Convert this into .XSD format and save the file in a path.
1. 4. Go to local object library in data services designer. Click Formats -> XML Schemas
1. 5. Right click on XML schemas and click on new
1. 6.A new window pops up. Give the desired format name under the tab Format name
1. 7. We have to browse the xml schema file.
2. 8. Import the xml schema.
1. 9.After importing successfully give the corresponding Root element name from the drop down.
1. 10. Click Ok.
The imported schema will be found under XML Schemas in local object library.