SCN Wiki points allocation changes
As you may know, we will launch a new gamification platform (missions, badges, points) on SCN in the near future. Once it goes live, members will see a shift in focus to missions with specific tasks, versus only points/level. Until now, members earned an unlimited number of points for wiki creation and edits, while blogs and documents had a value of 10 points. To better align points values across all content types we will make these changes:
- Remove the option to manually request/receive additional wiki points by April 29th
- Change the number of points per wiki page creation to 40 each, with a maximum of 120 points per day.
- Change number of points per wiki edit to 2 each, with a maximum of 10 points for edits per day.
- Perform final wiki points mass upload to allocate March and April manually awarded points at the end of April.
- Beginning on January 1, 2014, adjust wiki points to 10 points per page created, with a maximum of 30 points per day. Wiki page edit points will stay at 2 points per page with the limit of 10 points per day.
I’m sure you are curious about the gamification of SCN, and probably concerned about the changes in points for contributions. Please share your feedback with me. Having tested the gamification is QA, I can share that it is an exciting change for SCN.
I wish you all a great continuation of collaboration on SCN.