It will help you to convert structured query language (SQL) in the Microsoft SQL Server database (using T-SQL grammar) to SQL that can be used in the SAP HANA™ database (using ANSI-SQL grammar).
After the conversion, you must check whether the converted version is correct according to your needs.
This tool supports most of the official T-SQL grammar, and some well-known and widely-used undocumented feature. For more information about the official T-SQL grammar, see the MSDN Library.
If SAP HANA does not support certain SQL, this tool will do the following:
• Find equivalents in the SAP HANA database and convert the SQL.
• Delete the SQL in the input file and display relevant comments in the output file.
• Leave the SQL in the input file as it is, for example, the WITH statement.
- The converter supports the WITH statement.
- There is one more default pattern in the token file. For more information, see Token File.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for the converter.
- There is one more API example for the 64-bit version.
- Query Migration Tool for Microsoft SQL Server to SAP HANA
How-to Guide is included in the setup package of the tool, please check it before running the tool.
- Source code
Important document talking about migration from MSSQL to HANA:
In order to be up to date with the SQL language supported by SAP HANA please check the following links:
- SAP HANA Appliance Software – Help Portal
- SAP HANA Database – SQL Reference Manual
- SAP HANA SQLScript Reference
If you encounter any issue when using the SQL converter, post the issue to the SAP Community Network at http://scn.sap.com/community/business-one. Please don’t post them here as this is not in a discussion format easy to follow up.
We hope this tool will help you.