I found very little document on the web for Analyzer.This document shows the steps to create a workbook in Analyzer by adding multiple queries and also fromatting the Excel according to our needs.This document will specially be helpful for a newbie or some one who is new to analyzer.
CREATING A NEW WORKBOOK:
1. Open the Analyzer. Go to ‘BEx Analyzer’ on the left side of the screen and open a query.
2. Open a query and run it. All the tabs like ‘filter’, ‘chart’ ect appear on the top.
As seen in the screenshot, the tabs are present.
ADDING MORE THAN ONE QUERIES:
1. Some times one might need to add more tha one query in a single workbook.To add more queries in different sheets, click on the new sheet and open it. This sheet will be blank and will not have any of the tabs like ‘chart’,’information’ and ‘filter’.
Click on the icon highlighted below to go into the design mode. In design mode, you can change the design elements fo the workbook.
2. Once you go to the design mode, click on the Icon highlighted below to create a ‘analysis grid’. This grid is used when we have to insert a new query.
3. once you click this icon, you will get a analysis grid created on the sheet. This will be placed at the current cursor location. Right click on the grid and go to the properties:
3. select the Icon highlighed below to select anew query from the list of the queries:
4. This will lead to another window from where the queries can be selected. Once selected, the query wil run and show the result.
5. One thing to remember here is that, if we directly create a query by selecting a new sheet, the tabs like ‘information’, ‘filter’ and ‘chart’ will not appear.
If you want these tabs to appear in the new sheet too, you’ll have to select the copy sheet option from the ‘BEX tools’ as shown in the screen shot below:
6. After coying the sheet, you’ll see that all the tabs are present as the original one. Now, you can again follow the steps to embed a new query.
7. If you query has a fixed a number of rows, you can emebed several queries in the same sheet. The process to do that is same as described as above.
You just have to make sure that the tables of the queries do not overlap each other. So count the number of rows for the first query,then poistion the cursor and select the ‘analysis grid’.
8. Sometimes, you may want to apply your own formatting and add clolr and design according to your own choice. For that to happen, you’ll have to first un check the options as shown below in the properties of the Analysis grid:
9. One more thing to remember here is that, if you create a workbook in excel 2010 and save it, you’ll get an error when you try to re open it. To over come this issue, you’ll have to check the option “Use compression when saving this workbook” present in the ‘workbook setting’ as shown below: