The document will elaborate the cause behind multiple symptoms that one may come across while logging in to SAP BI via Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0.
Crystal Reports for Enterprise connects to SAP BI using web services. The BI platform Web Services allows you to remotely interact with objects in your BI platform deployment over HTTP. This makes the integration of your deployment with other web-based applications easier.
The Web Services are deployed in two parts: the provider web application and a set of consumer APIs.
Common Symptoms faced while logging in to SAP BI via Crystal reports for enterprise.
- “Failed to establish a connection. The cause was: Cannot Connect to SAP Business Objects Enterprise at this time. Please try again later”
- “Please make sure your server contains supported data sources, and the server connection is working properly” error is received in Crystal Reports for Enterprise when selecting a .unx universe No universe is listed in New Data Source Connection
- We are able to see the list of universes from Central Management Console (CMC) or Information Design Tool (IDT)
- While launching Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0 from BI Launchpad successfully connects to Business Objects Enterprise 4.0 still cannot connect outside of BI Launchpad.
- Can successfully browse to “http://servername:serverportnumber/servercontext“from Crystal Reports for Enterprise Machine.
- Fiddler shows “com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Server cmshost:cmsport not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)”
The above issues are replicated usually when one tries to access the repository objects via Crystal Reports for Enterprise. In case of accessing universes the list of universe is not visible. Secondary when one accesses the URL
There are multiple reasons to it some of them would be
- Incorrect CMS name configured in dsws.properties file in the following location
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\dswsbobje\WEB-INF\classes
- The dsws.properties file is overwritten when a new repository connection is created in Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
How to resolve the issue
- Stop the tomcat
- Open the dswsbobje. Properties file in a notepad (i.e. <instalation directory>:\Program files\SAP business objects\tomcat\webapps\dswsbobje).
- Search for domain in dsws.properties file you will find the following entry
domain=cmshost:cmsport provide a correct CMS name here.
- 1598906 – Crystal Reports for Enterprise gives Cannot Connect to SAP Business Objects Enterprise at this time. Please try again later.
- 1733096 – Error:” Login failure, unable to connect to Crystal Report to BI Enterprise” while connecting CR 4.0 with BI 4.0
- 1682102 – “Please make sure your server contains supported data sources, and the server connection is working properly” error is received in Crystal Reports for Enterprise when selecting a .unx universe
- 1713198 – Unable to connect Enterprise from Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0.