As discussed earlier, time wage types can be valuated either using a constant amount (wage type or pay scale dependent) or using person related remuneration.
This document discusses Valuation of time wage types using Pay scale dependent constant. Procedure is as follows:
1. Creation of a wage type (Say 2223 here) by copying the Model Wage type M200 (International Payroll) to be maintained with number of overtime hours via Info type 2010 (Employee Remuneration Information):
i. Go to SPRO—IMG—Personnel Management—Personnel Administration—Payroll data—Employee Remuneration Information—Wage types–Click on create wage type catalog and copy M200 to 2223 as follows
ii. Now go to Check wage type group ‘Employee Remuneration Information’ to see if the wage type is present as below. If it is not present, we can add it by clicking on new entries:
iii. Click on Check Wage type Catalog and go to
- Check wage type text (V_T511)—-to change the text of the custom wage type if need be.
- Check entry permissibility per infotype (V_T512Z)–to determine how many times the wage type can occur in a specific time as follows
- Click on define wage type permissibility for each PS and ESG (V_T511_B) and assign either ES grouping or PS grouping as follows:
- Click on wage type characteristics and ensure the following as in the screenshot:
2. Maintaining the fixed value or amount with which the time wage type (2223 here) would be valuated in the pay scale table (V_T510):
Now to to SPRO—IMG–Payroll—Payroll-International—Time wage type Valuation—Constant Valuation bases–Click on Define Payscale dependent Constant.
go to SPRO—IMG—Personnel Management—Personnel Administration—Payroll data—Basic Pay—click on Revised Payscale Groups and Levels and maintain the value based on the Payscale structure of the employee given in IT 0008 (Basic Pay Info type) (Say 01,01,E03 and 01 are the Payscale Type, Area , Group and Level here) as seen in the screen shot.
3. Assigning the Valuation bases (V_512W_B) as follows:
SPRO—IMG—Payroll—Payroll-International—Time wage type Valuation—Valuation bases—Constant Valuation bases–Click on Assign valuation bases and give the value as TS for current wage type valuation basis and 100% in Rate field as under
Now maintain wage type 2223 with 10 hrs in Info type 2010 via PA30 as follows:
Now run payroll for the employee in the relevant period and see the result as follows: