This blog gives a small insight into working on performance related issues. There will be many reasons for performance degradation and once such reason is below.
Users complained that tcode ZSDG_VIA was taking 5 to 6 minutes to process data which normally takes around1 minute. Checked sm66 and found the process is accessing table EDIDC. Updated the statistics for table EDIDC from DB20 but still performance was bad.
DB14 logs below
For performance tuning of SAP system the following standard tools included in the NetWeaver platform can be used.
1. Workload Monitor (ST03N)
2. Tune Buffers Monitor (ST02)
3. Statistical Records (STAD)
4. SQL Trace Analysis (ST05)
5. Workprocess Overview (SM50)
6. Operating System Monitor (ST06)
7. Table Call Statistics (ST10)
8. Database Activity (ST04)
9. Profile Maintenance (RZ10)
10. CCMS Monitoring (RZ20)