SAP Portal Newsletter Blog: March 2013
Welcome to the March 2013 edition of the SAP NetWeaver Portal Newsletter Blog. This month we have prepared the following topics:
- Partner Test Event June 2013
- Cloud Portal news
- SAP NetWeaver Portal, on premise news
- SAP Portal and the Industries
- Blogs from the Portal Community
On June 11 we are hosting a 3-day testing event in Walldorf and we would like to invite SAP Partners to get their hands on SAP HANA Cloud Portal (formerly known as SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal) latest innovations and experience the value it offers to organizations to meet the next level of portal demands. During this event, you would have the chance to experience the Cloud Portal offering and sharpen your skills. If you are an SAP partner, or know a partner that would like to take advantage of this unique opportunity, register here.
Cloud Portal News
SAP HANA Cloud Portal
We would like to inform you that SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal is now officially renamed into SAP HANA Cloud Portal. This renaming is part of the official rebranding of SAP NetWeaver Cloud into SAP HANA Cloud.
Be aware of some naming inconsistencies in the next weeks until the renaming is finished for all areas (spaces, blogs, documents, presentations etc.).
Cloud Portal Customer Feedback Program
We announce our new Customer Feedback Program for 2013. In this program, we aim to hold joint feedback sessions with customers, partners, consultants and SAP Mentors for collecting feedback and requirements for the ongoing SAP HANA Cloud Portal deliveries. If you are interested in joining this program, you are invited to contact directly – Ifat Shwartz.
Cloud Portal Webinars
Our series of SAP HANA Cloud Portal webinars is still running. Remember these four upcoming webinars and register here:
- Build Service and Support Portals with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal (March 28): Do you need to make your call centers more efficient? Learn about customer support sites built with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal and find out how to get a competitive edge with Business by Design.
- Deliver Actionable Information to Executives with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal (April 25): See how you can easily create executive dashboards with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal in 15 minutes or less. Integrated with reports, Excel views and newsfeeds, these dashboards deliver critical information to business users quickly and securely, on a mobile device.
- Manage Content with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal (May 23): Need to transfer knowledge from product teams to sales, marketing, partners, suppliers and others? Find out how you can easily share and manage documents, training materials and other assets with the content management capabilities of SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal.
- Bring HR Information to Your Employees with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal (June 20): Need an easy and user-friendly way to bring HR information to your employees? See how you can set up an HR platform with SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal. Learn how you can bring benefit information from the SAP on-premise systems and make it available to employees through visually appealing sites, secure and optimized for mobile.
New documentation set available for Cloud Portal
A new documentation set is available for SAP HANA Cloud Portal:
- Product Overview – Descriptive information for Cloud Portal users, and Release Notes summarizing new document releases
- Administration Guide – Procedures carried out by the Cloud Portal administrator to define content, themes and roles for site authoring
- Authoring Guide – Procedures carried out by the Cloud Portal author to create and publish sites, and manage site users
- Developer Guide – Technical information for Cloud Portal developers, API documentation and configuration guides
SAP NetWeaver Portal (on premise)
Major Improvements in SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 Service Pack 9
The enhancements of SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 Service Pack 9 contain major improvements for mobile consumption and embedding of SAPUI5 applications in the portal:
- Enhanced Mobile Portal capabilities with the support for launching native mobile applications and Web Page Composer consumption
- New Unified Framework Page supporting standard mode to embed SAPUI5 and HTML5 based applications
SAP Portal, mobile edition
The SAP NetWeaver Portal, mobile edition (a.k.a mobile portal) is a role-based, multi-channel portal that will easily aggregate applications, documents, and content, available to anyone, at any-time on multiple devices, giving you an out of the box, mobile-ready solution.
Key Objectives of the mobile portal:
- Maximize the value of the customer investment in SAP, and third-party applications for mobile devices.
- Aggregate Web and native applications, structured and unstructured content, and SAP and non-SAP applications into a common mobile entry point.
- Easily manage mobile homepages and workspaces.
The mobile portal provides an intuitive framework fully integrated with the SAP NetWeaver Portal together with template-based workspaces, featuring predefined, mobile-ready modules. For more information see the product information page and read this blog.
SAP Portal and the Industries
SAP Portal and Public Sector
The SAP NetWeaver Portal serves thousands of customers around the world across industries, scenarios and use cases. Today we would like to share with you some insights of the SAP NetWeaver Portal for the Public Sector scenario – City Portal.
The SAP NetWeaver Portal for Governments enables customer to build an external facing citizen portal providing various capabilities and scenarios:
- Information based Government Portal – newspaper like portal with rich and diverse content and user experience, outlining the government attractions, information about government services, etc.
- Self-Service Government Portal – information and applicative services, providing self service capabilities in diverse business areas such as: education, parking, business services, billing, etc.
- Citizen Government Portal (a.k.a. MyCitizenPortal) – personalized user experience built and organized by the user (citizen) aimed to boost the citizen’s productivity when accessing the portal.
- Citizens Social Portal – additional social capabilities such as communities, forums and feeds allowing citizens to collaborate and contribute content to the public.
For more information, read this blog by Aviad Rivlin.
Blogs from the Portal Community on SCN
We recommend reading the following blogs from the Portal Community on SCN. Thanks for the contributions!
Developing an RFC Mobile Portal Application by Doron Lehmann: In this blog Doron (SAP Portal development team) describes how to write a simple mobile Portal application that consumes data from an RFC. The application retrieves a list of employees, and enables to show each employee’s data.
SAP Mobile Documents Strengthens the Position of SAP NW Knowledge Management by Michael Beining: In this blog Michael Beining from btexx is describing his thoughts on the announcement of the new product “SAP Mobile Documents” and the impact on SAP NW Portal and its Knowledge Management solution.
Say Goodbye to the SAP AJAX Portal and Hello to HTML5 by Gavin Quinn: Gavin describes how he reworked the AJAX framework Portal screens using HTML5.