SAP IDM UI – how to create custom UI for Reports:
In order to create a needed functionality for a customer, I had to do additional development for IDM UI.
The case was:
- · I had to create a custom UI for Reporting
- · The generated reports are : User’s data, Privileges attached to the users, Roles attached to the uses and report for the created requests
- · Export Person Data:
- Ø Export Person is used to choose from a list with users
- Ø File name is used to set the name of the file for export
- Ø Check for export is used to specify the files for export
- What I did to create the UI above was:
- I added a new entry(CCH_EXPORT_UI_DATA) to hold the information for this UI:
- Because this is an Entry type that create a new entry, I have to add a mandatory
attribute to hold a MSKEY of the user executed the Report
- Ø Only after the comment is added the user can successfully make a Report.
- I added a couple of tasks to react on the check box(Check for export).
- Ø If a check box is selected I have a script to check and execute a next task on TRUE, if not – nothing happens
- I used a task to set the file name and the trigger that exports the files
- To make possible for users to search for a Person, I added in the attribute (in Attribute Values) a SQL query
- ØIf you want to have a report for all user, you just execute the report with(“_%” in the field – Export Person) and the
generated files will have an information for all users.
- The tricky part was how to export the correct data. So I added a flag to check, if
the export is executed or not . If (yes) I deleted the flag and for this report won’t be generated more than one file.
- For the file name I have made a script, to check if we have a file name, if not I generate one.
- I have a problem also with a select made for exporting Requests, after I added
ValidFrom and ValidTo attributes. At first, when I tried to set a date and
export it, the exported data wasn’t correct until I made the attributes Data type – Datetime
- Finally in the Job folder I execute the jobs that are exporting the files:
- Ø As you can see here, Check for export is selected, only this way you can generate a
report for the needed information.
Overview: A custom IdM UI implementation that allows you to easily export users, roles, privileges data to Excel. This includes a full export of user’s data (attributes from MX_PERSON entry type). Additionally roles and privileges can be exported with the respective assigned users to them
Hope you like it 🙂