What Makes a Great SAP Test Script (Example Attached)
A sound testing strategy is one of the best ways to prevent problems in production. A test script is the way to capture this information.
The following are key points to include in your test scripts:
- Document the SAP QA build version the test script was run against
- Create a step for EACH operation to perform
- Put specifically what should be input and what should be returned
- Include a screen shot of the results of each step
- List the tester and have them sign-off on the results
- Have somebody else review the results and sign-off
- Keep versions of the test scripts and document what has changed
Below is a screen shot of a test script and a MSFT Word version is attached (remove the .txt extention).
If you want to make sure you have a good test script, get a non project member to try it. It should be that easy and clear to run.
How does this compare to what you use? Please comment below or contact me directly on twitter @SAPChampions