Tame BIG Processes with SAP Operational Process Intelligence, powered by SAP HANA – Part 3
Part 3 of 3
In part 1, I explained BIG processes, showed examples of BIG processes in different industries and explained the challenges posed by BIG processes. The challenges such as lack of visibility, lack of context and latency. In part 2, I explained how SAP Operational Process Intelligence uses the power of SAP HANA to bring in visibility and real-time contextualized and continuous intelligence to line-of-business users. In this blog (part 3), I will explain the capabilities supported by SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 using a capability map as illustrated below:
SAP Operational Process Intelligence capabilities can be classified into three-broad categories: real-time process visibility, process performance management and accelerated insight-to-action and reporting.
Real-time Process Visibility:
1. SAPOPInt creates an unique instance of end-to-end processes by correlating process steps that happen across multiple physical systems.
2. SAPOPInt allows tracking of the progress of these process instances using traffic lights (green, yellow and red statuses)
3. Process Instances can be searched (free-text search) and filtered based on process context.
3. In addition, SAPOPInt also provides capabilities to forecast the completion of instances.
4. Early warning on violations based on configured thresholds are supported.
4. The progress of the instances are shown at the phase level, rather than at technical process step level. Phases capture the end-to-end process as a value chain and make it easier for business users to relate to the processes.
5. For each scenario, SAPOPInt provides out-of-the-box process performance indicators such as cycle time (a.k.a. lead times), percentage completed on time etc.
Performance Management and accelerated insights-to-action:
1. SAPOPInt allows to define additional process performance indicators on count and duration measures. Indicators define targets and thresholds on measures.
2. Drill-down capabilities on process KPIs to show historical performance, trends and breakdowns on different dimensions
3. Alerts on KPI violations using business rules
4. Automated operational decision using business rules
5. Collaborative issue resolution and problem solving using tasks
1. Real-time process compliance reporting
2. Slicing-and-dicing of process data, process performance data and drill down into problem areas
3. Mobile reports and mobile Space.me on tablets
4. Support for sophisticated prediction, trends and forecasts using SAP Predictive Analytics
5. Support for discovering patterns and bottlenecks with SAP Visual Intelligence
Read more about SAP Operational Process Intelligence #SAPOPInt here.