Upgradation Steps For BW
1) Convert Data Classes of InfoCubes. Set up a new data class as described in SAP OSS Note 46272.
2) Pay attention to the naming convention. Execute the RSDG_DATCLS_ASSIGN report.
3) Run the report RSUPGRCHECK to activate objects.
4) Upgrading ABAP and JAVA in parallel may cause issues. If there is no custom development on J2EE instance, it is recommended to drop the J2EE instance and re-install the latest J2EE instance after the upgrade.
5) Apply SAP OSS Note 917999 if you include the Support Patch 6 with the upgrade or you will get the error at PARCONV_UPG phase. When you upgrade to a product containing Basis 700, the phase PARCONV_UPG terminates. You included Basis Support Packages up to package level 6 (SAPKB70006) in the upgrade. The job RDDGENBB_n terminates with the error RAISE_EXCEPTION. In addition to this, the syslog contains the short dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED. The program SDB2FORA terminates in the statement “LOOP AT stmt_tab”. An endless loop occurs when the system creates the database table QCM8TATOPGA.
6) Apply the OSS note 917999 if you get the following error during PARCONV_UPG phase: PARCONV_UPG terminates with TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOG_FAILED
Critical OSS Notes:
819655 – Add. Info: Upgrade to SAP NW 2004s ABAP Oracle
820062 – Oracle Database 10g: Patchsets/Patches for 10.1.0
839574 – Oracle database 10g: Stopping the CSS services ocssd.bin
830576 – Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g
868681 – Oracle Database 10g: Database Release Check
836517 – Oracle Database 10g: Environment for SAP Upgrade
853507 – Usage Type BI for SAP Netwaevers 2004s
847019 – BI_CONT 7.02: Installation and Upgrade Information
818322 – Add. Info: Upgrade to SAP NW 2004s ABAP
813658 – Repairs for upgrades to products based on SAP NW 2004s AS
855382 – Upgrade to SAP SEM 6.0
852008 – Release restrictions for SAP Netweaver 2004s
884678 – System info shows older release than the deployed one
558197 – Upgrade hangs in PARCONV_UPG
632429 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on BI_CONT
632429 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on FINBASIS
570810 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on PI_BASIS
632429 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on SEM-BW
069455 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on ST-A/PI
606041 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on ST-PI
632429 – The upgrade strategy for the add-on WP-PI
Post upgrade Steps :-
1. Read the Post Installation Steps documented in BW Component Upgrade Guide
2. Apply the following SAP OSS Notes 47019 – BI_CONT 7.02: Installation and Upgrade 558197 – upgrade hangs in PARCONV_UPG, XPRAS_UPG, SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2 836517 – Oracle Database 10g: Environment for SAP Upgrade
3. Install the J2EE instance as Add-in to ABAP for BI 7.0 and apply the Support Patch that equivalent to ABAP Support Patch.
4. Run SGEN to recompile programs.
5. Install the Kernel Patch.
6. Missing Variants – (also part of test script) look at the RSRVARIANT table in SE16. If it is empty, then you will definitely need to run RSR_VARIANT_XPRA program – RSR_VARINT_XPRA OSS -953346 and 960206 1003481
7. Trouble Shootauthorizations 820183 – New authorization concept in BI