SAP Notes and Red Hat Support (kbase) Articles
SAP Note 171356 – SAP software on Linux: Essential information
SAP Note 1631106 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Business Applications
SAP Note 2002167 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x: Installation and Upgrade
SAP Note 1496410 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6: Installation and Upgrade
SAP Note 1048303 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x: Installation and upgrade
SAP Note 187864 – Linux: Locale Support on Linux
SAP Note 1908655 – Support details for Red Hat Enterprise Linux HA Add-On
SAP Note 1552925 – Linux: High Availability Cluster Solutions
Deploying Highly Available SAP NetWeaver-based Servers Using Red Hat Enterprise Linux HA add-on with Pacemaker
- Paper describes how to set up a two-node-cluster solution that conforms to the guidelines for high availability that have been established by both SAP and Red Hat. It is based on SAP NetWeaver on top of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 with RHEL HA Add-on. In addition to describing the the technical prerequisites for setting up a highly available SAP NetWeaver system on RHEL, it also provides provides an example showing a working SAP HA solution using Red Hat Enterprise Linux HA add-on with Pacemaker.
KVM, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), and Cloud
SAP Note 1122387 – Linux: SAP Support in virtualized environments
SAP Note 1400911 – Linux: SAP on Red Hat KVM – Kernel-based Virtual Machine (including RHEV)
SAP Note 1618572 – Linux: Support Statement for RHEL on Amazon Web Services
SAP Note 1172419 – Linux: Supported Java versions on the x86_64 platform
SAP Note 1495160 – SAP JVM as replacement for Partner JDKs 1.4.2
SAP Note 1367498 – SAP JVM installation prerequisites
SAP Note 1584897 – SYB: Controlled Release (CR1) on Sybase ASE
SAP Note 1706801 – SYB: Sybase ASE released for virtual systems
SAP Note 1130801 – DB6: Virtualization of IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
SAP Note 1426182 – Support of Oracle Database for XEN and KVM
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Business Applications (RHEL for SAP)
- Large-Scale SAP BusinessObjects Bi 4 Platform Deployment Over SAP Sybase® ASE and SAP Sybase IQ Databases – SAP SCN
- This white paper describes the outcome of a project enabled by SAP Co-Innovation Lab to validate the performance and scalability of a large-scale deployment of the SAP® BusinessObjects™ Business Intelligence (BI) platform, release 4, capable of sustaining ten thousand plus concurrent users. The SAP BusinessObjects BI platform and database technologies were configured to run over a standard enterprise-ready open source operating system from Red Hat (RHEL 6), using enterprise data center–ready Intel® Xeon® processor-based hardware from Supermicro (TwinBlades and SuperServers) and an application delivery control system from F5.
- SAP-SD benchmark using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- On the latest 2-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark results for Linux® servers:
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 6 achieved the highest SAP SD benchmark score (number of users) on a single 4-socket system. This was achieved by: Fully utilizing all 40 cores and 80 threads, and Running DB2 9.7 and the SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 achieved the highest SAP SD benchmark score (number of users) on a single 8-socket system. This was achieved by: Fully utilizing all 80 cores and 160 threads and Running MaxDB 7.8 and the SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0.
KVM, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), and Cloud
- RHEL6 KVM and Cisco VM-FEX performance with SAP ERP
- This document shows how you can improve virtualized SAP ERP performance with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Cisco Data Center VM-FEX.
- SAP SD benchmark running in a VM: Leadership performance using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/KVM
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6/KVM demonstrated excellent virtualization efficiency (of 85%). Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/KVM demonstrated the best SAP SD benchmark performance among all published SAP SD results using various virtualization technologies.
- RHEL 6 KVM and tuned-adm analysis on Sybase IQ 15.4
- This paper examines the performance characteristics of tuned-adm profiles and Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6 with Fusion-io technology. A DSS type workload deployed on Sybase IQ 15.4 serves as the benchmark characterized.
- Scaling SAP in a RHEV 3 Environment 2012
- This paper discusses the scaling of SAP running in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 virtual machines. The virtual machines are running in a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) 3.0 environment using a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 server as the hypervisor. The workload used to perform the scaling tests for this paper was Version 2.3 of the SAP LinuxLab Certification Suite (SLCS) running the ERP2005 SR1.
- Installing SAP on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) 3.0
- This document describes the installation of the SAP Business Suite Application in a Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 environment, and is intended as a starting point for evaluating or planning an SAP on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization deployment.
- Running SAP on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3
- Running SAP solutions on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization helps enterprises address the challenges of flexibility and price/performance with a scalable and highly available SAP platform that is cloud-ready.
JBoss Enterprise Middleware
- JBoss SAP JCA Connector Architecture and Implementation
- The JBoss SAP JCA Connector is a Resource Adapter for the JBoss Application Server 7 (JBoss AS7) platform which provides connectivity from the JBoss AS7 platform to SAP® R/3 Enterprise Information Systems (SAP EIS).
SAP on Red Hat | SCN: stay tuned and learn more about Red Hat solutions for SAP. We offer a broad range of solutions across RHEL, HA, Virtualization, Cloud, and Middleware, etc.