Hidden Tools in SAP XI/PI – Part II
In my recent blog, “hidden tools in XI”: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/01/09/hidden-tools-in-xipi-bat-file-to-launch-esrid-frameworks, I showed how to launch ESR/ID tools with batch files. Now, it is time to show how to store user credentials in the batch file (-u username password), which in turn helps us to directly launch the ESR/ID frameworks without prompting for username/password. Also, with this approach debug mode (extra menu “Debug”) will be enabled.
What we can do with debug (developer) mode,
- Simulate a broken connection –
- with this mode we can disconnect ESR client framework from XI server. Eventually, the ESR client will stop pooling system messages every 2 minutes.
- When you try to navigate to any ESR object in the left pane (or) for every 2 minutes, the below pop will come indicating no connection to server.
- When you click this option again from debug menu bar, the ESR client again establishes connection to XI server and it starts pooling system messages every 2 minutes
- Play with ESR tool screen resolutions
- Test Exception Dialog
- Refresh All Properties for ESR client (via aii.properties file)
Still there can be further possibility of debug functionality, only further debugging will reveal this 😉
– Praveen Gujjeti