This document is intended to SAP HCM Travel Management consultants to help them during the configuration of travel management. With the help of this document, restriction of travel expense for different travel schema, statutory trip type, enterprise specific trip type can be made more dynamic and flexible.
Available Travel Expense Types
Travel management module provides provision to create different travel expense types as per the client’s business needs. Commonly used travel expenses can be air fare, food bill, local conveyance, laundry expense, parking expense etc.
Different expense types can be maintained in view V_T706B1 against Trip Provision Variant.
Below is the path for configuration in IMG:
Financial Accounting->Travel Management->Travel Expenses->Travel Expense Types->Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts
Restricting Expense types at Employee level
Availability of Expenses can be restricted at employee levels via use of Travel privilege infotype 0017.
“ExpTy.Permissibility” field in view V_T706B1, one can control the available travel expense for different grades of employee.
Employee group can be maintained in Travel Privilege infotype 0017 against “EE Grp Expense Type” field.
SAP’s Limitation of Restricting Expense Types
SAP standard provides IMG configuration for restricting the expense types at trip schema level.
However, there is no provision where one can maintain the expense type at trip type levels.
SAP provides two types of trip types:
1. Statutory trip type
2. Enterprise specific trip type
SAP provides view V_T706S_RECEIPT for restricting the expense type at schema level, this view can be called from below IMG Node:
Restricting Expenses for Different Trip Types
Restriction of expense type at trip type level is possible via enhancement.
Method CHANGE_DROP_DOWN_LIST of BAdi TRIP_RECEIPT_WIZARD can be used to cater this requirement. Also method SUPPLY_EXPENSE_TYPES of component controller RECEIPTS of web-dynpro FITE_VC_RECEIPTS can be enhanced.
Solution of above requirement will require help of SAP ABAP technical consultant in order to do enhancement and coding.
1. Go to SE11 to create required domains.
2. Create database table ZHR_EXPENSE_LIST as per below structure.
3. Go to Utilities(M)->Table Maintenance Generator and generate the maintenance screen with single screen. Activate the table.
4. Via SM31/SM30 transaction, Travel expense can be maintained against the Trip provision variant, schema and travel trip types:
5. Method CHANGE_DROP_DOWN_LIST of BAdi TRIP_RECEIPT_WIZARD can be used to cater this requirement. Also method SUPPLY_EXPENSE_TYPES of component controller RECEIPTS of web-dynpro FITE_VC_RECEIPTS can be enhanced. Do necessary programming code in this methods to filter the expense types as per the trip types maintained in table ZHR_EXPENSE_LIST.