As you know, I am Canadian and a supporter of Canadian technology. This is why I am so excited to post this blog!
On January 30, 2013, I was lucky to participate in the BB10 launch event in Toronto with my coworker Robert Noce, Development Architect at SAP. The picture to the right, there’s Robert showing off one of the SAP apps that we developed for BB10, CFO Vantage (coming soon). The other apps that we gave demos of were SAP Financial Fact Sheet, SAP RealSpend and a workflow concept app designed by Robert himself. You can find SAP apps for BlackBerry today in BlackBerry World. Just click here.
In advance of the launch event, BlackBerry and SAP recorded a video about developing mobile apps using BlackBerry WebWorks and HTML5. In the clip below, Jim Ing, Enterprise Mobility Architect at BlackBerry, and Pete Graham, Director of Finance Solutions & Mobility at SAP, walk through the experience of moving a desktop web app to a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, as well as BlackBerry smartphones, using BlackBerry WebWorks technology with HTML5.
BlackBerry is following the BB10 launch with a series of events called the ‘BlackBerry Experience Forums’, in 14 cities across the globe. The team here in Toronto was at the Toronto event and shared their experiences developing mobile apps for BB10. Watch the clip below to hear from Robert Noce about his thoughts on the BB10 device.
I am fortunate to sit in the same office as Robert and was able to ask him about his experience developing his workflow concept app. He told me that there are many features and capabilities that developers can use to design amazing user experience BB10 mobile apps. He suggests that developers make sure to:
- Take advantage of and integrate your mobile apps with the new BlackBerry native features like BlackBerry Hub
- Utilize BlackBerry and SAP Mobile Platform infrastructure for push and notification, a key component of any enterprise-grade mobile app
- Optimize the user experience with ‘active frames’ and ‘peek and flow’. All this is covered in BlackBerry 10 Sneak Peek: Mobile Has a Brand New Flow video.
Use these tips and get started building BlackBerry mobile apps today with the SAP Mobile Academy. Check out the BlackBerry page, sit back and watch the how to videos.
But there’s more. Join the SAP 2013 Mobile Apps Challenges!
SAP has launched multiple Mobile Apps Challenges that give you more opportunities to develop and publish apps – and to win compelling prizes, gain marketing exposure and access to SAP customer base.
You can be one of the industry leading innovative partners to build BlackBerry 10 apps on the SAP Mobile Platform and reach millions of business users via BlackBerry World and the SAP Store.
Here are the challenge details:
- You will receive special enablement benefits including access to BlackBerry and SAP trainings and expert coaching.
- 3 Finalists will gain valuable marketing opportunities, exposure with an award at a key in-person or virtual event in 2013 and best of all be awarded a monetary prize!
- Win the BlackBerry & SAP Mobile Apps Challenge and be awarded $10,000!
- Be one of two finalists and be awarded $3,000!
Submit your apps and win big!